By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Sales Prediction!

Ten million, console and PC lifetime sales.

Around the Network
rodea_sky_soldier said:

lol

3DS game = $40

Regular PS4/XBONE game = $60

A month later:

3DS game = $40

PS4/XBONE = $40

Three month later:

3DS game = $40

PS4/XBONE = $20

half year later:

3DS game = $40

PS4/XBONE = PS+/Live Gold

Black Friday

3DS game = $30

I wish I was a more patient person but honestly this is getting frustrating. Every reply I've gotten to this comment (a.k.a. yours and Alk's) are completely off-base. You guys realize my point was literally just that xMetroid should take other factors into account ... right? I'm not saying that the price will instantly negate the arguably more MH oriented 3DS market, or the lack of price fluctuation in that market, or any of that. My point was literally just that it's a more complex issue than xMetroid was saying. The reason I made such a simplistic reply is because xMetroid was making such a broad, heavy handed statement. Plus, I was trying to directly address the point he was making, which is that because the game has a higher development cost than the 3DS games, it will automatically need to sell more than the 3DS games to be a success. Which just doesn't make a whole lot of sense when there's a 20$ difference in price.

I don't even think what you're implying is all that true. New games often go on sale quickly but then shoot up back in price. A good example of this is Horizon Zero Dawn, which was literally 20$ only a few months after release, but now is 36$ JUST for the regular edition, and it's almost been a year since release. The complete edition is still $50. Nioh, Resident Evil 7, and Nier Automata are also good examples of this. It turns out, companies often do special offers to try and regain interest into their games and get impulse purchases! Who knew? A lot of the games that instantly go down in price permanently are games that where either already pretty inexpensive, or were flops. 

All you really told me was that 3DS games are overpriced, and that the initial copies for Monster Hunter World will be more expensive than the 3DS until about half a year or more after release...which doesn't mean much considering how triple A sales work. 

FW . 2.4 million.

Kyuu said:
I swear this game could go on to sell over 10 million and the same childish Playstation haters would still call it a failure

DEVELOPMENT COSTS!!1!!!!1 WHY AREN'T CAPCOM STICKING TO THE OLD SHITTY MODEL WHICH WE THINK IS A PETTY CASHGRAB?! FOR FUCK SAKE CAPCOM, WHY YOU NO CASHGRAB ANYMORE?!

Don't understand this comment at all! What are you implying here?

Japan - 2m
NA - 2m
Europe - 1.7m
Other - 0.8 m
Total - 6.5 m
That's for PS4 + Xbone
Not sure about how japanese games do on PC.

Around the Network

It seems like the game is sold out at retailers in melbourne, Australia. I convinced my cousin to play monster hunter world so she went to her local eb games store but it was sold out and they won't have any copy until next week. Today I went to all the eb games and jb hi fi retailers in the city and all were sold out.

Ck1x said:
Kyuu said:
I swear this game could go on to sell over 10 million and the same childish Playstation haters would still call it a failure

DEVELOPMENT COSTS!!1!!!!1 WHY AREN'T CAPCOM STICKING TO THE OLD SHITTY MODEL WHICH WE THINK IS A PETTY CASHGRAB?! FOR FUCK SAKE CAPCOM, WHY YOU NO CASHGRAB ANYMORE?!

Don't understand this comment at all! What are you implying here?

I understand it. Capcom milked the fans on the 3ds annually re using the same assets from the ps2 and psp days.. 

The fact the series was announced on ps4/xb1/pc and brought up to modern day standards was the best possible thing for the series but as usual a lot of haters spoke out against it at launch saying the game would bomb. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
vivster said:

The reviews are very good. By the time people realize that the gameplay is actually boring they have already bought it.

So do you not actually like Monster Hunter? I thought I asked already and you said you were joking. Lol sorry for random question i'm just curious.

I tried MH Tri for a bit and then I think I got bored. Mostly because of the lack of proper tutorial. I felt no purpose in any of it. MHW seems like it fixes a lot of that and it's also on a platform where I can fully enjoy it so I'm most likely gonna give it a try.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Lol @ all these 2-4m lifetime. The game already shipped 5m even without pc release yet

Updated the OP