By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona franchise and more could go multiplatform according to new Atlus survey

Persona, SMT and others on more platforms?

Yes! 39 78.00%

No! 11 22.00%

Total:50

Interesting article from Dualshockers about a new survey from Atlus: https://www.dualshockers.com/persona-6-ps4-pc-switch/

"Atlus released an extensive survey in which they asked the opinion of the fans on several rather intriguing questions.

The questionary is fully in Japanese, but it does touch some interesting points, beginning with whether the fans would like a new Persona board game, a fighting game, an online RPG, a strategy RPG, an action RPG, a shooter, or they’d prefer a completely new Persona 6.

For each of those options, we’re also asked which platform we’d like among PS4, Switch, PC, PlayStation VR, PS Vita, 3DS, Smartphones, or something else."

This seems very logical to me. More platforms the better. A core Persona game could do very well on the Switch for example, the same way Persona 4 Golden did for the Vita. I would very much like to see a Persona 5 Golden first though, what are your thoughts?

Around the Network

As long as the PS4/5 versions aren't compromised, go for it.

Nice. Now everyone who wants it should answer the survey.

Also, while we're asking, Conception III when, Atlus?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

OTBWY said:

Interesting article from Dualshockers about a new survey from Atlus: https://www.dualshockers.com/persona-6-ps4-pc-switch/

"Atlus released an extensive survey in which they asked the opinion of the fans on several rather intriguing questions.

The questionary is fully in Japanese, but it does touch some interesting points, beginning with whether the fans would like a new Persona board game, a fighting game, an online RPG, a strategy RPG, an action RPG, a shooter, or they’d prefer a completely new Persona 6.

For each of those options, we’re also asked which platform we’d like among PS4, Switch, PC, PlayStation VR, PS Vita, 3DS, Smartphones, or something else."

This seems very logical to me. More platforms the better. A core Persona game could do very well on the Switch for example, the same way Persona 4 Golden did for the Vita. I would very much like to see a Persona 5 Golden first though, what are your thoughts?

Dude not "just" persona.

"Last, but not least, we’re asked again on which platforms we’d like the next mainline numbered titles of the Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, and Etrian Odyssey series. Once more, the options are PS4, PlayStation VR, PS Vita, 3DS, Switch, Smartphone, PC, or something else entirely."

This potentially means on playstation we could see mainline SMT games, and Etrian Odyssey games :)

"Atlus Asks If You Want Persona 6 (and More) on PS4, Switch, PC, or Other Platforms"

I hope everyone said yes :)

on the list:
Devil Survivor series
Devil Summoner series
the Etrian Odyssey series
the Digital Devil Saga series
the numbered Shin Megami Tensei titles
and the whole Persona series.

Multi platform everything Atlus :)

Let switch owners enjoy all the persona games + devil series,
and let Playstation owners try the SMT games, and Etrian Odyssey series.

Around the Network

Makes sense. Reach a wider audience. Persona for nintendo as well as SMT for Sony.

So did they already removed the survey? I can't connect at all to it.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

JRPGfan said:
OTBWY said:

Dude not "just" persona.

"Last, but not least, we’re asked again on which platforms we’d like the next mainline numbered titles of the Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, and Etrian Odyssey series. Once more, the options are PS4, PlayStation VR, PS Vita, 3DS, Switch, Smartphone, PC, or something else entirely."

This potentially means on playstation we could see mainline SMT games, and Etrian Odyssey games :)

I did say more in the title, but in this case I wanted to focus on Persona. If it means more franchises on all platforms, i'm all for it. I want those franchises to grow and prosper. Updated the poll btw.

Basically multiplatform is always good for users. They could avoid purchasing a platform for the game or chose the platform for the playstyle they wish (like playing mobile or in 4K). There are more considerations for a company like Atlus. But hopefully Persona comes to Switch and Etrian Odyssey and SMT to PS4. Would be a good thing for everyone.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I don’t see why not make Altus games more multi platform. Why restrict certain series one way or the other?