By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gameware Stops Selling Xbox Systems in Reaction to Recent Game Pass Announcement

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:
Guess retailers hate selling me consoles... I have been digital only for years... it would drive me nuts if I had to switch out games on my switch!

Why? The console has only two worthwhile games so far.

What are the two games you are thinking of?  I would say there are at least 3.  Zelda, fire emblem warriors, and xenoblade 2.  I own some other too like MARIO kart and bomberman and some indie games as well.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

I wouldn't be certain about the always

You have any instances where the game is stripped away from you?

Barring the shutting down of online servers, of course.

P.T. was shut down and impossible to download again. And it isn't the sole case on the world of you not being able to redownload.

Sony update on the XBR tvs will remove gameloft support so games you bought but don't have downloaded will be unplayable.

You can be banned from XBL and lose access to all your games...

The possibilities are infinite.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

What are the two games you are thinking of?  I would say there are at least 3.  Zelda, fire emblem warriors, and xenoblade 2.  I own some other too like MARIO kart and bomberman and some indie games as well.

I don't need to justify my opinion.

I wasn’t asking for justification, I was asking what your opinion actually was...

DonFerrari said:
flashfire926 said:

You have any instances where the game is stripped away from you?

Barring the shutting down of online servers, of course.

P.T. was shut down and impossible to download again. And it isn't the sole case on the world of you not being able to redownload.

Sony update on the XBR tvs will remove gameloft support so games you bought but don't have downloaded will be unplayable.

You can be banned from XBL and lose access to all your games...

The possibilities are infinite.

Good thing nobody paid for P.T. And that it was a demo and not an actual game.

for all those things you mentioned, there are more common bad things that happen to physical copies.  They can break, get lost, or be stolen.  It’s not it is guaranteed to be around forever either.  There are pros and cons to both.

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

I wasn’t asking for justification, I was asking what your opinion actually was...

That's the same thing, gergroy. You know that you won't be able to stop asking questions if I gave you an answer.

Oh yeah?  Well watch me!  Go ahead and answer and I won’t ask any follow ups!😜

Around the Network

Digital > Physical.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Did anyone tell them Xbox still usesphysical copies of games? lol

It doesn't sell much in Austria so maybe they don't know. 

If Sony make a retailer friendly console with the ps5 and Microsoft keeps going digital they'll really push the playstation in their stores. 

jason1637 said:
Digital > Physical.

Only for game sharing and certain deals. I must admit PSN deals have been great lately. I know I'll regret going digital when I want to sell the console at the latest.

That said, if PS5 ends up being backwards compatible, which I assume it will, all will be good. 

I can see why as hardware markup is much tighter than software - but having less purchasing options than your competitors can bite you in the ass. I know I wouldn’t shop there going forward.

When I bought my X1X, I didn’t care where it came from as hardware prices barely budge from one retailer to another.

Well, they can't stop that many consumers want digital more and more with telling them that they rather prefer to get 0 from these customers instead of a little something.

Digital sales are increasing fast on consoles, if they seem to be so much against Game Pass they might just stop selling consoles at all in two or three years^^ 

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 25 January 2018