By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HOT: Many big new games - Now is the best time to buy a PS4 (Pro)

if you have to decide: PS4 PRO or PS4?

PlayStation 4 PRO 42 68.85%

PS4 14 22.95%

see results 5 8.20%

Total:61
Errorist76 said: 
celador said:

is the Pro really worth it if you don't have a 4K TV with HDR though?

It’ll hold its value better, you have better frame rates even on non-patched games, better antialiasing, faster loading times and SSD support, an additional optical port AND you’ll have a future proof console should you decide to get a 4K TV sometime later. The benefits for PSVR are also a major selling point.

More than enough reasons to get the Pro instead imho.

well i'm sure my PS4 will give out at some point this gen, it has happened about a year before the new console in both the last two gens. By then Pro should be an attractive price, so i'm definitely leaning that way. shame not to have a 4K with it though

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:

A recent survey for all newcomers. if you have to decide: PS4 PRO or PS4? What do you recommend for new PlayStation console-players? Editors of some magazines have already said: Now is the best time to buy a PlayStation 4 (Pro). Every month big NEW games! Sony promised the biggest wave of good games for the year 2018 and the year is already starting to be very strong. The first good sign: Dragon Ball Fighter Z and Monster Hunter World have received the best ratings of all DBZ / MH games worldwide now. And here is a small overview:

January - Dragon Ball Fighter Z (Fighting), Monster Hunter World (RPG-Adventure), Digimon Story II (RPG), The Inpatient (PSVR, Horror), Street Fighter V: Arcade (Fighting),  EA SPORTS UFC 3, Final Fantasy Dissidia (Action)

February - Shadow of the Colossus Remake (Adventure), Dynasty Warriors 9, Secret of Mana

March - Ni No Kuni 2 (JRPG), Yakuza 6 (Action-Adventure), Far Cry 5 (Shooter), Assassin's Creed Rogue (Action-Adventure), Life is Strange Before the Storm (retail)

April - God of War, and many more in the first months. 

"Red Dead Redemption 2" and "Detroit Become Human" are coming soon. Many big Exclusives and Multigames. For these reasons, I join the editors of the magazines: The flood of strong games has begun and runs throughout the year. Have fun with the new games! I wish you a nice day :)

Kingdom Come : Deliverance is also coming in February

celador said:
Errorist76 said: 

It’ll hold its value better, you have better frame rates even on non-patched games, better antialiasing, faster loading times and SSD support, an additional optical port AND you’ll have a future proof console should you decide to get a 4K TV sometime later. The benefits for PSVR are also a major selling point.

More than enough reasons to get the Pro instead imho.

well i'm sure my PS4 will give out at some point this gen, it has happened about a year before the new console in both the last two gens. By then Pro should be an attractive price, so i'm definitely leaning that way. shame not to have a 4K with it though

I’m with you there. Pro isn’t needed as PS4 already delivers a great experience. No one must feel like he’s missing out. I bought a PSVR before I upgraded to a Pro and boy I’m happy I did. Now I at least have the perfect reason to upgrade some day, as I don’t feel 4K is necessary below a 60” TV and I wouldn’t want such a huge, ugly TV in my room.

I have urge to replay Mafia on PS2 again. PS4 aint got nothing for me

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Honestly with the PS4 it doesn't matter. Pro or base you're good either way.

If recommending a PS4 to anyone I tend to instead ask them what kinda TV they have' No point getting the Pro if you are om a 1080p/ or even 720p TV.

Around the Network

Bought both god of war and shadow of the colossus. This is going to be a great start of this year as far as games go.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Intrinsic said:

If recommending a PS4 to anyone I tend to instead ask them what kinda TV they have' No point getting the Pro if you are om a 1080p/ or even 720p TV.

Is that so?! A measly 100 more for more than twice the power, an additional GB of RAM, better performance in older and newer games, better AA via supersampling in optimised games, faster loading times and general HDD/SSD support, being future proof for 4K and PSVR. Quite a few valid points imho.

If they can afford it a good friend should always recommend a Pro.

traded my ps4 with a bad hdmi port that sony wouldnt fix(cheap asses) for a ps4pro. Can't wait to play shadow of the collossus one of my top 3 favorite games of all time

Errorist76 said:
Intrinsic said:

Is that so?! A measly 100 more for more than twice the power, an additional GB of RAM, better performance in older and newer games, better AA via supersampling in optimised games, faster loading times and general HDD/SSD support, being future proof for 4K and PSVR. Quite a few valid points imho.

If they can afford it a good friend should always recommend a Pro.

Come on man, one new game with DLC is certainly better, think of the now!

Last edited by Xen - on 25 January 2018

Pinkie_pie said:
DaaaBeast said:

Yep, you pretty much listed all the games you'll ever play😂😂😂

no, theres also labo. 

Im a bit biased when it comes to nintendo, because 3ds was the worst fucking thing I have ever wasted my money on. I investet something like 500 eu in the damn thing, bying 3ds itself and bunch of "hot" games for it. And it felt like I jumped back straight to ps2 times or even earlier. I didnt finished a single game I bought, most of them I didnt play longer than an hour. And yes, I absolutelly hated Ocarina of time... what a piece of shit that was. I still dont get why people love zelda!!?? Such a generator of boredome that one... I was forsing myself to play it for hours and hours, waiting for that "zelda magic" to kick in, it had to be something to it, something that all the nintendo fanboys are going crazy about. Well it never happened, the game is complete ass.

So bottom line is - trading ps4 pro, with all the upcoming hits like god of war, the last of us 2 and many many more to play zelda and fucking mario... i mean siriously mario Karl... MAAARIO 😂😂😂 Is retarded beyond something that could ever understand.

Warned ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 06 February 2018