By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HOT: Many big new games - Now is the best time to buy a PS4 (Pro)

if you have to decide: PS4 PRO or PS4?

PlayStation 4 PRO 42 68.85%

PS4 14 22.95%

see results 5 8.20%

Total:61

Well done mate! Now you can start begging for monster hunter port...

Around the Network
DaaaBeast said:

now i dont need to beg for zelda or mario

Xen said:
At such a small price difference of basically a new game+DLC, every sale should go to the Pro. I don't see an argument in favor of the inferior PS4.

...of course, reality doesn't see it my way

is the Pro really worth it if you don't have a 4K TV with HDR though?

Kazuma, could you gift me a PS4 Pro? I'd really appreciate it!

celador said:
Xen said:
At such a small price difference of basically a new game+DLC, every sale should go to the Pro. I don't see an argument in favor of the inferior PS4.

I never owned a regular PS4, so I can't compare. However, you get anti-aliasing even in 1080p, and you also have the boost mode to possibly iron out some games that don't run so well.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
DaaaBeast said:

Yep, you pretty much listed all the games you'll ever play😂😂😂

Xen said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You literally just gave one. You can afford an extra game and DLC

Besides, not everyone sees it as inferior/superior. I see no difference at all between the pro and slim. Why would I pay more for nothing?

twintail said:

Because I want the game and dlc instead?

It's one game that could get cheaper down the road+DLC, versus an all-around superior product. I know it goes into the territory of list wars, but if I complied a pros/cons list, I honestly don't see how the slim wins.

...but you are right, not everyone sees it like me

I'd rather have the game and dlc, too. But, I bought my PS4 long before the Pro came out and see no reason to upgrade when it plays the same games.

Xen said:
celador said:

I never owned a regular PS4, so I can't compare. However, you get anti-aliasing even in 1080p, and you also have the boost mode to possibly iron out some games that don't run so well.

Yes you absolutely need 4k tv and a big one or PSVR to justify buying pro. I failed to see any difference in FHD. I think less then 50 inch 4k tv wouldnt show any difference either. Must have for VR though.

DaaaBeast said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Yep, you pretty much listed all the games you'll ever play😂😂😂

no, theres also labo. 

celador said:
Xen said:

It’ll hold its value better, you have better frame rates even on non-patched games, better antialiasing, faster loading times and SSD support, an additional optical port AND you’ll have a future proof console should you decide to get a 4K TV sometime later. The benefits for PSVR are also a major selling point.

More than enough reasons to get the Pro instead imho.

DaaaBeast said: 
Xen said: 

Yes you absolutely need 4k tv and a big one or PSVR to justify buying pro. I failed to see any difference in FHD. I think less then 50 inch 4k tv wouldnt show any difference either. Must have for VR though.

If you already own a PS4, maybe. If you don’t you’d save money on the wrong side for the above mentioned reasons. Like my father always said: The one who buys cheap buys twice.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 25 January 2018