By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: Lots of Switch Ports For 2018; NSMBU Switch Port Coming?

For 3rd party stuff I'm thinking

Dragon Quest XI
Grand Theft Auto V Switch
Overwatch (rumored)
Madden NFL 2019
Octopath Traveller
Dark Souls

Is what Nintendo is leaning on.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
The key for these ports is the price point. If this is what they are going to do to pad out their year, then please, please introduce a $39.99 price point for these titles unless the additonal content warrants a full price.

I very much agree with this.  Then again it is Nintendo and the perceived value of their software is very important to them or was.

They should come out with a line of Nintendo Selects Ports but at the $40 price point.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 24 January 2018

I think Smash will be somewhere in between a new game and a port.

A port of the Wii U game, but with 3DS stuff in there too and new characters/stages on top of that.

July - Yoshi
August - Fire Emblem
September - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
October - New Nintendo IP or Labo Set 3
November - Animal Crossing
December - Super Smash Bros. Deluxe

March 2019 - Pokemon

That could work.

Well we have four games already confirmed for this year from Nintendo. (Fire Emblem,Kirby,Yoshi,Lambo). That's pretty decent so far. I think the 1st half is light on new games. Anyway I think Switch will stay in small sales mode for at least until around the holiday season. (A sales explosion will make current sales look small ) Honestly I don't like making judgments until we see the big February direct first though. Something that is heavily rumored.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Is Emily still trustworthy?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Well damn, if Nintendo's strategy is to rely on 3rd parties...

R.I.P. Nintendo Switch
2017-2018

A good 3rd Party Year would be good for Nintendo and for The Base. Thx to the wiiu the base has forgotten what 3rd parties are.

That doesn't sound too good. I hope they will have at least 1 big surprise game this year.

If Smash has a lot of new content, even if its built on the foundation of the Wii U game, I think that'll still be a pretty big deal. Bring back Solid Snake!