By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: Lots of Switch Ports For 2018; NSMBU Switch Port Coming?

Please posts links those claims instead of attempting to character assassinate without proof. If she said those things then it shouldn't be hard to track down on the internet for you.

Frankly, I can't believe anyone would think BOTW would miss Switch launch when the thing had been just sitting on release for a looooong time.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
Please posts links those claims instead of attempting to character assassinate without proof. If she said those things then it shouldn't be hard to track down on the internet for you.

Frankly, I can't believe anyone would think BOTW would miss Switch launch when the thing had been just sitting on release for a looooong time.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/11/16/emily-rogers-lists-some-of-the-games-for-the-nintendo-switch-in-first-12-months/

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/11/14/emily-rogers-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wont-launch-in-march/

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Thank for for the links. It's only natural that when making "he said, she said" assertions that you should link to them.

As for her actual words (and not simply articles based around her words): https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/11/14/rumor-breath-of-the-wild-will-not-be-released-in-march/

In November she posted that it was to miss March due to localization issues. Then at the start of 2017, she said that was incorrect and the game would meet its March launch. It's very possible that localization issues were occurring but they were resolved more quickly than were anticipated, perhaps since Nintendo made it a higher priority to meet the launch. No real reason to doubt her based on that.

As far as Pokemon goes, wasn't that Pokemon Fighter released on the Switch?

Megiddo said:
Thank for for the links. It's only natural that when making "he said, she said" assertions that you should link to them.

As for her actual words (and not simply articles based around her words): https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/11/14/rumor-breath-of-the-wild-will-not-be-released-in-march/

In November she posted that it was to miss March due to localization issues. Then at the start of 2017, she said that was incorrect and the game would meet its March launch. It's very possible that localization issues were occurring but they were resolved more quickly than were anticipated, perhaps since Nintendo made it a higher priority to meet the launch. No real reason to doubt her based on that.

What about the other things she said that were wrong like Retros new game being and Pikmin 4 being 2017 releases?

Like I said, she has been wrong in the past.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Metroid33slayer said:
Why not port Mario 3dworld to switch, the non wii u owners will eat that up. Maybe add yoshi as a new playable character as well.

3d mario is still fresh because of Odyssey... i dont mind buying nsmbu + luigi since i skipped that one :p and i dont mind paying 60 for that...

Around the Network

I wouldn't take her too literally apart from a lot of 3rd party stuff. Metroid isn't even a very big franchise for 2019 "big guns", certainly not going to move many consoles like a Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Smash game would. It's more on the lines of Kirby. While I think some more 1st party ports are down the road, I don't see it anyway overshadowing the new 1st party titles coming out this year. Fire Emblem and Pokemon alone could do that.

Likely because she knows of what games are at what stages in the pipeline but doesn't know when Nintendo execs plan to release them. Pikmin 4 was likely ready for release but Nintendo wanted to hold it for later as they seem to prefer staggered releases. As far as Retro's new game, do we know anything about it? Maybe they've had to do some redesigning of the game to meet corporate demands, who knows. As an insider, she likely knows how far games are in the pipeline, which gives credence to this statement that Nintendo plans for 2018 to be held down by ports and 3rd party titles plus minor 1st party titles.

Megiddo said:
Likely because she knows of what games are at what stages in the pipeline but doesn't know when Nintendo execs plan to release them. Pikmin 4 was likely ready for release but Nintendo wanted to hold it for later as they seem to prefer staggered releases. As far as Retro's new game, do we know anything about it? Maybe they've had to do some redesigning of the game to meet corporate demands, who knows. As an insider, she likely knows how far games are in the pipeline, which gives credence to this statement that Nintendo plans for 2018 to be held down by ports and 3rd party titles plus minor 1st party titles.

Why are you making excuses for her?

Im just stating facts, not everything she says ends up being true. Im not trying to bash her and i know she has said alot of correct things in the past. im just pointing out to others that we shouldnt take her word as gospel since things can change or there can be things she simply doesnt know about.

If NSMBU and Smash ports are true that makes

Bayonetta 1 + 2 (we'll count this as one basically)
Hyrule Warriors
DKC: Tropical Freeze
NSMBU
Smash

As 5 ports ... that's a fairly large chunk of the year as Nintendo does not like to release more than 1 game a month for most months. At some point you start to run out of release spots for all these games. 

July - Yoshi
August - Fire Emblem
September - NSMBU Deluxe
October - Bayonetta 3 + New Labo?
November - Animal Crossing
December - Smash Deluxe

Maybe something like that. I don't think there's gonna be too many more releases, getting 2 Nintendo releases a month is something Nintendo doesn't like to do, it overcrowds things and 3rd parties need room to sell product too. We need to see if NSMBU on Switch is true I guess but either way things are getting tight release wise there's not many open slots left. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 25 January 2018

I'm fine with them leaning on Labo, b-team (Yoshi, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Mario Tennis Aces), third party, indies, and ports for 2018, given that 2017 was so strong.

I do have to say that the Smash rumors concern me though. I've been on board with pretty much everything Nintendo has done since the launch of the Switch, but I really don't want to see a Smash port. A new Smash and a new Mario Kart are tent-pole events for a Nintendo console. I'm okay that they had to sacrifice a new Mario Kart for the sake of getting the system up and going, but I really don't want to see them skip a new Smash for this generation.