By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: Lots of Switch Ports For 2018; NSMBU Switch Port Coming?

Soundwave said:
Overwatch for Switch is being rumored as one of the third party games.

Dear God in heaven! That would be incredible! Although the switch to console might be difficult after 400 hours on PC.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Just give me a ports of Xenoblade Chronicles X and the Super Mario Galaxy games, I’ll be happy for the year.

I REALLY want news about XCX soon, because I want to replay it, but not on Wii U.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I dunno. It doesn’t really add up. Nintendo wants to sell 20 million Switches between April 2018 and April 2019 on mostly WiiU ports and third-party games? At a time when its software developement teams, previously distributed across handhelds and home consoles, are united for the first time in, what, almost 30 years?

I’d bet this is Emily extrapolating from a very small data set. It’s not like she has a bug in Kimishima’s office

If Overwatch and GTAV goes on the Switch  and does blow up (OW in China and Korea) thanks to its portability,  it can sort of help in achieving that. But I still agree with what you said. 

And of course the main question we should be asking, can they even produce more than 20mil! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Why not port Mario 3dworld to switch, the non wii u owners will eat that up. Maybe add yoshi as a new playable character as well.

GTAV & Overwatch would defo be system sellers in the short term although Overwatch could be more of a long term system seller but I don't know. Their last word on Overwatch seemed to be final so I wouldn't hold my breath for it. GTAV is a good bet for a possible port this year. I honestly don't even know why they didn't port it over in time for Christmas.

Give me the goods developers 👌

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
We know of four new games in the first half of 2018: Kirby, Mario Tennis, Labo Set 1 and 2.

Sounds like she is exaggerating and refering to Metroid as a big gun doesn't help her case.

And you don't help your case when you list Labo 1 and 2 as two of four new games. Those things basically turn the Switch into a childrens toy. Not saying they won't be popular, but they don't count as new games coming out. So Nintendo as so far two new games for first half of 2018, and neither one of them big games.

If they get great 3rd party support with some AAA 3rd party games and release a few smaller nintendo games like kirby and mario tennis and a few others and throw in a few good ports like DK, Smash, NSMB, and hopefully Mario Maker, it won't be that bad for those of us who didn't have a Wii U. Though I would rather not pay $60 for a ported game from the Wii U. While last year I bought 4 indie games and 4 Nintendo games, looks like this year could be indie games plus third party games (assuming some major good third party games actually come out).

Slownenberg said:
RolStoppable said:
We know of four new games in the first half of 2018: Kirby, Mario Tennis, Labo Set 1 and 2.

Sounds like she is exaggerating and refering to Metroid as a big gun doesn't help her case.

And you don't help your case when you list Labo 1 and 2 as two of four new games. Those things basically turn the Switch into a childrens toy. Not saying they won't be popular, but they don't count as new games coming out. So Nintendo as so far two new games for first half of 2018, and neither one of them big games.

So new games dont count as new games if they are aimed at a different demographic from you? How interesting.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

TruckOSaurus said:
Soundwave said:
Overwatch for Switch is being rumored as one of the third party games.

Dear God in heaven! That would be incredible! Although the switch to console might be difficult after 400 hours on PC.

Given how successful Splatoon 2 has been, I could really believe Overwatch on Switch rumor.  It also seems like the type of game that I could see exceptionally taking off on the Switch due to it's portable nature.  It just seems like people would want to take their Switches somewhere to play Overwatch with friends.

RolStoppable said:
Slownenberg said:

If they get great 3rd party support with some AAA 3rd party games and release a few smaller nintendo games like kirby and mario tennis and a few others and throw in a few good ports like DK, Smash, NSMB, and hopefully Mario Maker, it won't be that bad for those of us who didn't have a Wii U. Though I would rather not pay $60 for a ported game from the Wii U. While last year I bought 4 indie games and 4 Nintendo games, looks like this year could be indie games plus third party games (assuming some major good third party games actually come out).

She talked from a business context, so Labo counts whether you like it or not. Or perhaps you don't know that each set comes with a game.

This is something I have seen quite a lot of on the internet. I am seeing quite a lot of commentators (particularly from the core gaming side of things; who are quite vocal about this despite not being the target audience) pushing the narrative that LABO is just a piece of card board, leaving out the game software that actually brings the entire concept alive. Mind you I am not sure whether or not the product will succeed on the mass market and bring the demographic that Nintendo intends (there is positive buzz though, which is a good initial sign), but I think those that are pushing this as something that is not a video game have quite a narrow and partially elitist view of what a video game is.

Emily Rogers said BotW would miss Switch launch.

She also said Pokemon, Pikmin 4 & Retro's Studios new game would be in 2017.

She definitely has sources and gets some info right but she also gets alot wrong.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.