By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: Lots of Switch Ports For 2018; NSMBU Switch Port Coming?

I highly doubt Emily knows Nintendo's full 2018 lineup. I'm sure there are a few surprises for us.

Around the Network

To be fair, I have yet to buy all of the games from 2017 I'm interested in, so a slow 2018 might not be that bad. I just hope indies and 3rd parties bring their titles to compensate.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

super_etecoon said:
The key for these ports is the price point. If this is what they are going to do to pad out their year, then please, please introduce a $39.99 price point for these titles unless the additonal content warrants a full price.

NSMB U seems like one of the Wii U games that does not need to be ported imo, just make a new 2D Mario at this point, but if it happens then whatever.

Even if 2018 for Switch does have a lot of Wii U ports there will still be plenty of new exclusives that are already known as well like:

Project Octopath Traveler
Metroid Prime 4
No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi
Mario Tennis Aces
Fire Emblem
Runner 3

The Wii U ports don't take away anything from the existing lineup of new games, there's still plenty of new there as well. The Wii U ports make it better for people who never owned a Wii U but own a Switch now since, again, those might as well be new games to them.

Plus I still personally think there will be either Animal Crossing or Pokemon this year, if they can't get Pokemon out in 2018 i'm thinking they'll push Animal Crossing to that spot.

Fl%oatingWaffles said:
NSMB U seems like one of the Wii U games that does not need to be ported imo, just make a new 2D Mario at this point, but if it happens then whatever.

Even if 2018 for Switch does have a lot of Wii U ports there will still be plenty of new exclusives that are already known as well like:

Metroid Prime 4
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi
Mario Tennis Aces
Fire Emblem
Runner 3

The Wii U ports don't take away anything from the existing lineup of new games, there's still plenty of new there as well. The Wii U ports make it better for people who never owned a Wii U but own a Switch now since, again, those might as well be new games to them.

Plus I still personally think there will be either Animal Crossing or Pokemon this year, if they can't get Pokemon out in 2018 i'm thinking they'll push Animal Crossing to that spot.

i'm 99% confident we will have Pikmin 4 and a New Animal Crossing game. 

Around the Network
Pachofilauri said:
Fl%oatingWaffles said:

Metroid Prime 4
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi
Mario Tennis Aces
Fire Emblem
Runner 3

i'm 99% confident we will have Pikmin 4 and a New Animal Crossing game. 

Oh yeah I forgot about Pikmin 4 for a second there! Yeah i'm guessing that will probably release in 2018 as well considering it was back in 2015 that Miyamoto said it was basically done already, wonder what's taking so long on it, maybe because of them having to move it to Switch? 

I dunno. It doesn’t really add up. Nintendo wants to sell 20 million Switches between April 2018 and April 2019 on mostly WiiU ports and third-party games? At a time when its software developement teams, previously distributed across handhelds and home consoles, are united for the first time in, what, almost 30 years?

I’d bet this is Emily extrapolating from a very small data set. It’s not like she has a bug in Kimishima’s office

As long as they don't port Xenoblade X. I like having an amazing rare game, and it seems people don't like it anyways, everyone's happy.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I dunno. It doesn’t really add up. Nintendo wants to sell 20 million Switches between April 2018 and April 2019 on mostly WiiU ports and third-party games? At a time when its software developement teams, previously distributed across handhelds and home consoles, are united for the first time in, what, almost 30 years?

I’d bet this is Emily extrapolating from a very small data set. It’s not like she has a bug in Kimishima’s office

The only possible way they get to 20 million with mostly ports and 3rd party titles is if Labo is the next Nintendogs/Wii Series, which is possible but they should have some big backup titles.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Soundwave said:

And also NSMB U + port is actually a thing that's also happening lol 

Year of ports baby qqq

I don't mind the DKC port, but I think I'll pass on NSMBU ... it's not that it wasn't a good game or anything, just not something I'd want to play again. Surprised Mario Maker for Switch isn't being made a bigger priority. 

I agree.  I enjoyed NSMBU when I played it.  But, I "5 Shiny File Starred" the game in 2013.  That's enough for me.  Time to put time into games I haven't completed yet.