By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There's too many versions of games

Regular version: $60

Deluxe version with special skin: $70

Special version with Season Pass: $99.99

Ultra hardcore collector's version with steel book and statue plus a free dlc theme: $149.99

It's annoying. As a gamer who wants the game and doesn't want to feel like he's missing out on something, all of these versions with exclusive content, pre order bonuses, and season passes without any idea what the actual content is going to be--i hate it.

Dragon Ball Fighter Z comes out in two days. I don't even know what comes with each version and which version I should get. If I buy the cheaper version, maybe I won't be able to buy certain content. If I buy the expensive version, I could be paying an extra $40 for some goddam Saiyba men. If I don't pre-order by tomorrow at midnight, I'll miss some DLC.

Fuck. How did things get so bad?

Around the Network

I dont like it either but its not hard to figure out lol. Google is your friend.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

This is a trifecta of not wanting to raise the official price above $60, greed, and people that keep paying for the previous two items mentioned.

I agree on there being too many versions of games. They'll exist as long as people keep buying them and that's the problem. It's why there's so many versions of skyrim floating around.

I'm just waiting for Capcom to do a Super Ultra Hyper Alpha Turbo  EX Plus Arcade Edition Remix collectors edition of Street Fighter V for only a cool 15 billion dollars you get 1 copy of the game,season pass,CD soundtrack, artbook,8" statue of your wallet and all of CAPCOM the company. Season pass exclusive to Best Buy. 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
It's easy, you just cease to buy AAA western games that does this kind of pratice cuz their motivation becomes way too clear by then.

Sadly it's not only the west... look at FF XV, Blazblue, etc... not to mention his example is DBZ.

...but yeah, you are right at one thing. Most western games needen't even be looked at, let alone bought.

I usually buy later and cheap so I couldn't care less.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
I usually buy later and cheap so I couldn't care less.

But sometimes there's content that NEVER becomes available outside of a pre-order or bundle.

*Edit* until the Game of the Year version, that is.

The choice is really easy since all the expensive versions contain DLC codes anyway, so they're basically worthless if you want them for both playing and collecting purposes: You can't use the codes or you'll ruin the collection value, and if you don't use the codes, you'll hurt the playing value. You either lose or lose, and I don't like that deal.

Got to make money :D

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]