By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo End of Jan. Investor Discussion Prediction Thread

Happening!

Around the Network

So many people in here lowballed Odyssey.

It sold 9.07 million. Wtf?!?!?!

As of December 31, 2017, the Switch has sold 14.86 million systems and 52.97 million in software. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

And here's the sales of their top selling games: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Last edited by Mr.GameCrazy - on 31 January 2018

HAH! Xenoblade 2 over 1m!

God damn Mario is nearing 10 million units sold and the system isn't even at 20 million yet O___O

and fuck yes Xenoblade 2 has sold over million well deserved.

Around the Network
newwil7l said:
So many people in here lowballed Odyssey.

It sold 9.07 million. Wtf?!?!?!

Not me............. Wait intill i bump some threads lmao

9.07m for Mario already lol, that's definitely a lot! Zelda at 6.70m, a tiny bit lower than I hoped for, and it's likely not the best selling Zelda game yet because of it. Switch at 14.86m is great!

My predictions for the Switch, MK and Splatoon were all roughly accurate ^_^

I thought my Odyssey prediction was highballing it a bit, but it got blown away. Great sales so far.

Well...damn...

is there a single Switch game VGChartz HASN'T undertracked?!

Also, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is very, very rapidly closing in on Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U. And Xenoblade 2 has officially become the first game in the franchise to cross one million.

Also, ARMS did really good!  Should cross 2 million sold long term.

Asriel said:
Earnings release is tomorrow, yes?

Honestly, I wonder if a lot of people are low-balling the software numbers. Kart, Odyssey, Zelda and Splatoon 2 all have high attach rates (in that order).

Yep - many of us low-balled the software and hardware numbers. Odyssey in particular.

Switch: 14.4 million shipped fairly close - 14.86 million
3DS: 72 million shipped almost spot-on - 71.99 million

Mario Kart 8 DX: 7.5 million (estimating ~45% of new users buying) almost spot on - 7.33 million
Super Mario Odyssey: 7 million (estimating ~50% attach-rate to Switch install base) way off - 9.07 million!
Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 6.8 million (estimating ~30% of new users have bought Zelda since September) almost spot on - 6.7 million
Splatoon 2: 5 million (estimating ~20% of new users bought it) - almost spot on - 4.91 million
Arms: 1.6 million  - pretty much on the mark - 1.61 milion

I expect Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors to join the million-sellers club at the end of the financial year. Wrong on Xenoblade 2, it's already in the million-seller club.

I also wonder if Nintendo will take the opportunity to clarify some release windows - such as shifting "Pokemon RPG" from "2018 or later" to either "2018" or "TBA"; and whether or not Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are "TBA" or "2019". Finally, I'd hope for a full Direct sometime soon. no information of this kind just yet.

I didn't do too badly, really. Impressed by Odyssey, a little disappointed for Zelda - I was hoping combined Switch & Wii U sales would be at the 10 million mark by the end of this financial year. We're at 7.7 million so far, but I'd guess sales will slow down for now - maybe 8.5 million (at best) across both versions by the end of the financial year. Hopefully it'll cross the 10 million mark by the end of the next financial year. I'd expect Odyssey to sail passed 10 million in the current quarter - probably somewhere around 10.3 million (assuming hardware shipments of ~1.8 million plus ~66% attach rate for Odyssey in the current quarter).

Nintendo should have no trouble hitting their Switch and 3DS hardware targets, anyway.