By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do so many people claim they have tried VR if they actually havnt?

StuOhQ said:
habam said:

cant compare 3D to VR. 3D was just a advanced way of screen based entertainment. VR is a compeltly different and mindblowing expierence.

This pretty much sums up the whole thread. Some people see VR as a 3D screen held up to your face with motion controls... for others that's a "mind blowing experience". People will lie about everything, just as early adopters to a new technology want to convince everyone else it's the next big thing so that they haven't invested a fortune in a fad.

It’s just pretty obvious that a comment like that could only come from someone, who did not have the pleasure of trying real VR yet.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Oculus Rift  2 is probably referring to Oculus Rift DK2.
As for the question, people lie all the time about everything.

Uhm I do know that my english isnt the best but thats stated in OP.

Long story short again: He claimed first that the Rift 2 just has a different HDMI port and you need to dissamlbe the headset to see a label "2 Rev." to see what version you got.

The Dk1 is vastly different from the Dk2, so there is no reason to dissamble the headset and look for label. You will already know that its the DK2 by looking at it.

DK1 and DK2

habam said:
zorg1000 said:

Zelda being best game of 2017 is absolutely an opinion, however i havent seen it stated as fact and even if some are doing as such, does not make it ok to do so.

What you are doing is being biased and ignorant to others opinions and acting as if your opinion is correct.

Still all the nintendo fans got extremly mad as sony fans gave zelda 0/10 on metacritic. Just opinion ;)

Cool, thats 100% irrelevant to anything we are talking about. Nice deflection.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Errorist76 said:
zorg1000 said:

Your bias is showing and what you are saying is 100% opinion based.

Sorry but no...he might be biased but it’s not opinion based. VR tricks your mind in believing that you’re there. 3DTVs did not.

3DTVs tricked my mind into thinking i was a 3D object.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

"fallout 4 just plays badly on the rift because the Touch controllers don’t work well with the game."

As it turns out there's a fix for that. Perhaps this is what the reddit user was referring to?

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-4-vr-oculus-rift-fix

Maybe he wasn't lying and you're just quick to label anyone who claims to have tried VR and not like it a liar. I don't see you questioning anyone who sings its praises when they could just as easily just be fabricating their non-existent experiences.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
"fallout 4 just plays badly on the rift because the Touch controllers don’t work well with the game."

As it turns out there's a fix for that. Perhaps this is what the reddit user was referring to?

Maybe he wasn't lying and you're just quick to label anyone who claims to have tried VR and not like it a liar. I don't see you questioning anyone who sings its praises when they could just as easily just be fabricating their non-existent experiences.

He definitly lied, it was way to obvious.

habam said:
zorg1000 said:

Zelda being best game of 2017 is absolutely an opinion, however i havent seen it stated as fact and even if some are doing as such, does not make it ok to do so.

What you are doing is being biased and ignorant to others opinions and acting as if your opinion is correct.

Still all the nintendo fans got extremly mad as sony fans gave zelda 0/10 on metacritic. Just opinion ;)

Wait, so you're actually defending Sony fans who rated Zelda a zero out of ten on metacritic without playing the game, even though in this very thread you are whining about people who criticize VR without having tried it?

Amazing.

Ka-pi96 said:
zorg1000 said:

3DTVs tricked my mind into thinking i was a 3D object.

You're not actually a 3D object? :O

Im 4D but my 3DTV made me think i was just 3D.

habam said:
potato_hamster said:

He definitly lied.

Check the conversation for yourself: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/7sd8c0/skyrim_at_4320x2430_4k/dt4iham/

I don't have to take your word for it, post a link.

StarDoor said:
habam said:

Wait, so you're actually defending Sony fans who rated Zelda a zero out of ten on metacritic without playing the game, even though in this very thread you are whining about people who criticize VR without having tried it?

Amazing.

I see no problem here.