By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do so many people claim they have tried VR if they actually havnt?

Errorist76 said:

Maybe people not interested in VR should just stay out of those threads, instead of constantly assuring everybody and themselves that they will never like it. 

Maybe people should stop trying to push VR down other's throats first. That usually helps, quite a lot. With all these VR threads, it'd make far better sense to just make a VR megathread and discuss VR matters there.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
habam said:

Thats correct because everybody that tried it and has a good expierence loves it ;)

Not me.

Nor me.

Chazore said:
Errorist76 said:

Maybe people not interested in VR should just stay out of those threads, instead of constantly assuring everybody and themselves that they will never like it. 

Maybe people should stop trying to push VR down other's throats first. That usually helps, quite a lot. With all these VR threads, it'd make far better sense to just make a VR megathread and discuss VR matters there.

That’s what we were doing actually. There is one...we’ve been using it for weeks..Habam has admittedly reacted a bit overexcited lately. Understandable but yeah, I can see why someone could be annoyed by it. That said, why does everybody click on those threads then?!

imho it’s totally understandable that people truly excited about this tech, more than about anything that had happened to gaming in the last decades, would want to try to tell people about it. We’re just meaning it well...its sooo difficult with VR because no one understands unless he has tried it...it’s just the fact that discussions on the internet are usually pretty useless, because people react differently than how they would react in real life. It’s scientifically proven that arguments on the net lead to nothing, so yeah....you’re probably right. Less might be more, since people are too stubborn and won’t understand unless the get the chance to try it anyway.

SegataSanshiro said:
potato_hamster said:

Not me.

Nor me.

We know about hamster, but what have you been trying. I’m curious. And when?

Errorist76 said:

That’s what we were doing actually. There is one...we’ve been using it for weeks..Habam has admittedly reacted a bit overexcited lately. Understandable but yeah, I can see why someone could be annoyed by it. That said, why does everybody click on those threads then?!

imho it’s totally understandable that people truly excited about this tech, more than about anything that had happened to gaming in the last decades, would want to try to tell people about it. We’re just meaning it well...its sooo difficult with VR because no one understands unless he has tried it...it’s just the fact that discussions on the internet are usually pretty useless, because people react differently than how they would react in real life. It’s scientifically proven that arguments on the net lead to nothing, so yeah....you’re probably right. Less might be more, since people are too stubborn and won’t understand unless the get the chance to try it anyway.

Just a bit . The guy is all talk about nothing else but VR. I know I talk about PC here and there, but I like to talk about games myself. He seems completely focussed on nothing but VR and VR alone.

People click on threads to see what they are about. There are times when I click on a thread to see what's going on, and times where I read, but don't comment in them. People are curious by nature, and some are even led to comment to what they find.

I can understand their excitement. I was completely blown away by Riot dabbling with AR and their AR drake they showed off during last years League championship tournament. They even showed of player statues in AR, as well as the map they were playing on. Even though I'm blown away by it, not everyone is, and I totally understand that. What I think is annoying is when we have one group that thinks one medium is the future above all over, and goes on to force it down everyone's throats like it's gospel. I think AR has a place just as much as VR, but the VR fans on here are cock sure that VR is for gaming, and AR purely for other aspects, but not for gaming, almost as if they feel AR is not fun or suitable for them (even though both devices can work in multiple fields and co-exist).

It's a bit odd as to why people have to try it to even breath a word about it. People on here don't game on PC, but that hasn't stopped people talking about the platform, or past experiences. I know what death must feel like, I've seen it happen around me, yet I don't have that taste for wanting to try it out, just like there are plenty of foods I don't want tot ry, simply based on texture, touch, smell and taste. We can understand things in multiple ways, not just by only using your hands (which some people on this site believe is the only way to know something about an object).

I just feel that it's better to keep the VR topics within a megathread, so then everyone that wants to talk about it, can do so in there. It's why we PC folk mostly keep our news topics (besides me when it comes to some new game releases, or games not being published via the sites news section).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
potato_hamster said:

Not me.

Nor me.

Nice, but not worth it.

Errorist76 said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Nor me.

Nor me, tried it, sold it. Apparently I'm lying.

Chazore said:
Errorist76 said:

Just a bit . The guy is all talk about nothing else but VR. I know I talk about PC here and there, but I like to talk about games myself. He seems completely focussed on nothing but VR and VR alone.

People click on threads to see what they are about. There are times when I click on a thread to see what's going on, and times where I read, but don't comment in them. People are curious by nature, and some are even led to comment to what they find.

I can understand their excitement. I was completely blown away by Riot dabbling with AR and their AR drake they showed off during last years League championship tournament. They even showed of player statues in AR, as well as the map they were playing on. Even though I'm blown away by it, not everyone is, and I totally understand that. What I think is annoying is when we have one group that thinks one medium is the future above all over, and goes on to force it down everyone's throats like it's gospel. I think AR has a place just as much as VR, but the VR fans on here are cock sure that VR is for gaming, and AR purely for other aspects, but not for gaming, almost as if they feel AR is not fun or suitable for them (even though both devices can work in multiple fields and co-exist).

It's a bit odd as to why people have to try it to even breath a word about it. People on here don't game on PC, but that hasn't stopped people talking about the platform, or past experiences. I know what death must feel like, I've seen it happen around me, yet I don't have that taste for wanting to try it out, just like there are plenty of foods I don't want tot ry, simply based on texture, touch, smell and taste. We can understand things in multiple ways, not just by only using your hands (which some people on this site believe is the only way to know something about an object).

I just feel that it's better to keep the VR topics within a megathread, so then everyone that wants to talk about it, can do so in there. It's why we PC folk mostly keep our news topics (besides me when it comes to some new game releases, or games not being published via the sites news section).

He’s just been getting into it, just like I have gotten my PSVR and a few others on this site. We’re all floored by it, like I said I haven’t been that excited for gaming since decades. The natural reaction is to try to tell everybody about and make them curious to try it themselves...To me my PSVR is the best thing of tech I’ve bought since the first PS1 decades ago...I’ve been constantly dreaming about it, thinking about it...so it’s totally understandable that habam reacts like he does and doesn’t talk about something else...I know I haven’t cared about 2D screen gaming since I got mine myself.

I can still see how some people could be annoyed by essentially the same topics in different threads over and over again.

like I said, we already have this VR thread and yeah, those topics could be discussed in there.

Nogamez said:
Errorist76 said:

Nor me, tried it, sold it. Apparently I'm lying.

No, we already know you had bought it when close to no games were available yet. It’s a bit ironic, considering your nickname.

It gives their opinion validity.
"Oh, I bought it. I know it sucks because I saw it suck first hand!"

But their complaints are often something they read online that was never true or is no longer true.