By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How important is VR (Games) to you in the future? + The Inpatient - Launch Trailer

I do not think you know whats the word intuitive means.

Around the Network

Until there is some revolutionary development in eye correction technology VR is not a viable platform for me.

No interest really. Maybe once the technology improves further I might give it another chance, but right now I just don't see any reason to use VR.

Im interested in it being into new tech, I have tried it at a friends house, and had a really fun time with it but couldn't see myself spending hours with it like a normal game. Maybe AR will be the thing to take it to the next level? who knows

As long as it's still in the form of a brick on my head with a screen pressed against my face, I'm not really in the mood to try it other than to satisfy curiosity. My eyes already get sore from looking at my phone for too long.

Around the Network

the-pi-guy said: 

A few people even claimed that they started being able to see depth in real life after using VR.

This doesn't make any sense. I don't believe that for a second.

I think we are a gen or two too early for VR.

It is enjoyable but needs to improve visually. Also the units could be less bulky and the price needs to half.

the-pi-guy said:
melbye said:
Until there is some revolutionary development in eye correction technology VR is not a viable platform for me.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of eye correction?

There's been reports of VR helping various eye issues.  

A few people even claimed that they started being able to see depth in real life after using VR.

I assume you mean astigmatism, which might be possible. My issues are beyond that.

S.Peelman said:

the-pi-guy said: 

This doesn't make any sense. I don't believe that for a second.

Me either.

Don't we all see depth with the world around us lol?

If not can someone define wtf they mean by depth in this example lol.

S.Peelman said:
As long as it's still in the form of a brick on my head with a screen pressed against my face, I'm not really in the mood to try it other than to satisfy curiosity. My eyes already get sore from looking at my phone for too long.

That’s a whole different matter. The lenses are there so the screen appears far away for your eyes. That’s why the screen pressed against your face comments are basically nonsense.