By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How important is VR (Games) to you in the future? + The Inpatient - Launch Trailer

bigtakilla said:
I definitely look forward to a day where giant exploration games can be realized in vr. Imagine exploring Mira in a skell in VR and coming face to face with Telethia Plume! That would be intense, the present of where VR is though is very limited.

like skyrim?

Around the Network
habam said:
bigtakilla said:
I definitely look forward to a day where giant exploration games can be realized in vr. Imagine exploring Mira in a skell in VR and coming face to face with Telethia Plume! That would be intense, the present of where VR is though is very limited.

like skyrim?

Indeed. The current VR headsets should have no problem with a WiiU game.

If a fan can already get it running in an emulator it's only Nintendo holding it back.

Errorist76 said:
CladInShadows said:

Right, so why is Errorist saying that Vive and Oculus screens are inferior?  In what way?

The PSVR uses an RGB Matrix Screen, which uses 3 sub pixels per pixel. Rift and Vive use a Pentile matrix with 2-sub-pixels. This leads to a noticeably lower amount of screen door effect (the visible borders between the pixels) compared to Rift and Vive. Regardless of the slightly lower resolution. Imho the screen is also more colourful. Rift and Vive seem a little washed out. Additionally PSVR screen does 120Hz compared to 90 Hz on Rift and Vive.

Another point where PSVR excells over the other two is comfort and especially lense quality. Rift and Vive use fresnel lenses which cause retractions and distortions. Here Sony’s experience in camera technology clearly shows.

Where the other two are noticeably better is headset and controller tracking.

I'll keep that in mind when I eventually get into VR. Thanks.

Until the tech gets alot better and affordable, and more original and actual good games are released on it(like RE 7), instead of the more demo tech like games, I will be pretty indifferent to it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

habam said:
bigtakilla said:

like skyrim?

Ish, I'll definitely give that a win. BUt how many games like that are there.... Skyrim.

Around the Network

How important is VR to me,not extremely important. PSVR has massive potential and I've really enjoyed it thus far. But I wouldn't die or go into depression if it just ceased to exist. Hopefully Sony keeps at PSVR and expands it further

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

don't really care for VR games. cool tech and all. but more VR development = less people working on full fledged games.

full fledged VR games are not full fledged games however. they are almost on rails. sectioning your own market isn't fun for anyone.

you mean just make a less intuitive version of an already pre-existing game.?

MasterThief said:

you mean just make a less intuitive version of an already pre-existing game.?

If anything VR is more intuitive my friend.