By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 4 vs Nintendo Labo. Which will sell more?

God of War 4 vs Nintendo Labo

God of War 4 75 55.15%

Nintendo Labo 55 40.44%

They will sell about the same 4 2.94%

Results 2 1.47%

Total:136
super_etecoon said:
raulbalarezo said:

Gow 3 sold more than 5M on ps3 alone, here on vgc it is undertracked

By how much? And using what source? 

God of War 3 has sold the highest number at 5.2 million copies, followed by the first game (4.6 million) and then God of War 2 (4.2 million). 

From 5 Jun 2012

https://www.videogamer.com/news/god-of-war-franchise-sales-are-more-than-21-5-million-copies

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-05-god-of-war-series-has-sold-over-21-million-copies

Around the Network
raulbalarezo said:
super_etecoon said:

By how much? And using what source? 

God of War 3 has sold the highest number at 5.2 million copies, followed by the first game (4.6 million) and then God of War 2 (4.2 million). 

From 5 Jun 2012

https://www.videogamer.com/news/god-of-war-franchise-sales-are-more-than-21-5-million-copies

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-05-god-of-war-series-has-sold-over-21-million-copies

wow...VGC is off my .4 million.  Fair enough, God of War has only just sold 5 million.  Doesn't change my point at all, even if GoW does amazing numbers and hots 6-7 million.

super_etecoon said:
raulbalarezo said:

From 5 Jun 2012

wow...VGC is off my .4 million.  Fair enough, God of War has only just sold 5 million.  Doesn't change my point at all, even if GoW does amazing numbers and hots 6-7 million.

Those articles are from 2012, sure GOW III sold 0 copies from 2012 till 2018, but yeah i can see it selling between 7-8 million with bundles

potato_hamster said: 

I just don't quite get how people think it's obvious that the Switch version of BotW is a shoe-in for 10M.

Maybe because the probability of it happening is high?

Official sales were 4.7 million at the end of September and it has charted high in Media Create, NPD & Gfk every week/month since then.

When Nintendo reports numbers next week, BotW will most likely be over 7 million just with the Switch version.

At this point it would be more surprising if it doesnt hit 10 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said: 

I just don't quite get how people think it's obvious that the Switch version of BotW is a shoe-in for 10M.

Official sales were 4.7 million at the end of September and it has charted high in Media Create, NPD & Gfk every week/month since then.

When Nintendo reports numbers next week, BotW will most likely be over 7 million just with the Switch version.

Okay, so let's get this straight. The last official numbers are 4.7M as of September 30th. Since then you;'re assuming it's sold another 2.3 million in the 16 or so weeks between then and now based on sales rankings of Media Create, NPD and GFK sales. So it could be 7 million right now, but you don't have any hard numbers until next week.

Does that about sum it up?

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

Okay, so let's get this straight. The last official numbers are 4.7M as of September 30th. Since then you;'re assuming it's sold another 2.3 million in the 16 or so weeks between then and now based on sales rankings of Media Create, NPD and GFK sales. So it could be 7 million right now, but you don't have any hard numbers until next week.

I think 7 might be on the more optimistic side of things, however, we know it's gained about 35% in Japan, since, so for the very least, above 6 million seems like a very safe bet, considering how big the holidays are in the US.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Are we sure we're even gonna get numbers for Labo? I guess Nintendo will put them in the annual report if they think it is something worth reporting .

potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

No, i suppose i just didnt go in depth enough.

Shipments end of March, 2.76 million

Retail sales in Japan end of March, 330k

Retail sales in Japan end of Dec, 770k

2.3x

Retail sales in US end of March, 925k

Retail sales in US end of Dec, 2.64m

2.8x

Retail sales in Japan+US end of March, 1.25m

Retail sales in Japan+US end of Dec, 3.40m

2.7x

Assuming that global totals are similar than it should be in the general ballpark of 7 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ultrashroomz said:

This made my day. 

potato_hamster said:
Azelover said:

Uncharted is a lot more mainstream than GOW...

On what grounds?

Uncharted is more of a pet franchise for Sony, GOW is important, but Uncharted headlined the whole platform and its gameplay style is being mirrored in this new GOW, not the other way around.

I'm not saying this won't be big, but you're drawing a comparison to Uncharted, which is more mainstream looking and themed..You want me to explain that? It's rather obvious.