By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 4 vs Nintendo Labo. Which will sell more?

God of War 4 vs Nintendo Labo

God of War 4 75 55.15%

Nintendo Labo 55 40.44%

They will sell about the same 4 2.94%

Results 2 1.47%

Total:136
potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

Maybe because the probability of it happening is high?

Official sales were 4.7 million at the end of September and it has charted high in Media Create, NPD & Gfk every week/month since then.

When Nintendo reports numbers next week, BotW will most likely be over 7 million just with the Switch version.

At this point it would be more surprising if it doesnt hit 10 million.

Okay, so let's get this straight. The last official numbers are 4.7M as of September 30th. Since then you;'re assuming it's sold another 2.3 million in the 16 or so weeks between then and now based on sales rankings of Media Create, NPD and GFK sales. So it could be 7 million right now, but you don't have any hard numbers until next week.

Does that about sum it up?

Its expected that Switch is shipped around 7m in Q4, Zelda BotW definitely has very high attach rate, so it's expected that Zelda BotW sold around 2-3m during that same time, so that would put Zelda BotW (only Switch version) around 7m at 31. December (first 10 months).

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
DialgaMarine said:
I think people are really overestimating the market for card board toys..

you underestimate the ability of nintendo's capacity to sell absolute nonsense to its fans. 

You sir must not have have seen the leak for Toy-Con 69

I'll let you guess where the 2 joycons go

Edit- BTW your 3rd link is pretty crazy

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 25 January 2018

God of War by far, but Labo will try something.

The_Yoda said:
bananaking21 said:

you underestimate the ability of nintendo's capacity to sell absolute nonsense to its fans. 

its fantastic, when somebody says nintendo is just selling you are cardboard box, i can give you not one, but two damn examples of how they do it. 

bananaking21 said:
The_Yoda said:

its fantastic, when somebody says nintendo is just selling you are cardboard box, i can give you not one, but two damn examples of how they do it. 

I know you guys are just taking the shit - but really, you can't.

The Splatoon 2 thing literally just happened in Japan, and in fact it has been done by company's before...

The Labo are primarily expensive because of the Dem- I mean uhhh , """"games""""". I'll admit I'm hoping that Robot one ends up being a fully fledged game

Criticize them for their pricing, but don't resort to what are basically lies 

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Interesting.

First time I heard about that "iconic" description to that franchise.

Edit: for the OP, I expect one to be frontloaded, and the other to maybe be an evergreen game.

Looks like you don't use the internet much at all.

EricFabian said:
The best selling GoW game, God of War 3, fail to sell 5M.

Labo is the winner by default. Even if GoW4 sell more first week somehow

God of War 3 sold 5.2m on PS3 alone and probably a million on PS4.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
bananaking21 said:

I know you guys are just taking the shit - but really, you can't.

The Splatoon 2 thing literally just happened in Japan, and in fact it has been done by company's before...

The Labo are primarily expensive because of the Dem- I mean uhhh , """"games""""". I'll admit I'm hoping that Robot one ends up being a fully fledged game

Criticize them for their pricing, but don't resort to what are basically lies 

I hope the games are more than just glorified demo's.  I think Labo is neat but it is not targeted at me and I won't be getting it. I did think out of his 3 examples that the box one was kind of wild.  Granted they were only charging 5 bucks for it, I kind of wonder if that was aimed at retailers or if retailers got mock (empty) boxes upon request for display purposes.

But why?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ljink96 said:
Ultrashroomz said:

This made my day. 

I can't wait for the outcry... this gonna be better than Wii Fit!

Hope GoW sells more so that nintendo can focus on core gamers again in 2018 in the exact same way like they did in 2017.