By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 4 vs Nintendo Labo. Which will sell more?

God of War 4 vs Nintendo Labo

God of War 4 75 55.15%

Nintendo Labo 55 40.44%

They will sell about the same 4 2.94%

Results 2 1.47%

Total:136

I honestly hope Labo fails hard.

Around the Network
Harkins1721 said:

I will never understand the mentality of wanting something to fail because its not aimed at you.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I bet my 5-year old niece would love to get Labo, especially if there was a Star Wars version.

zorg1000 said:
Harkins1721 said:

I will never understand the mentality of wanting something to fail because its not aimed at you.

There's only so many development dollars to go around. If Nintendo is spending money developing Labo, it probably means they've chosen not to spend money on another project that you would love but will now never see the light of day.

Like I get the counter-argument of "it's good to have a diverse ecosystem so that the entire platform is healthy", but then again, you're talking about cardboard to stick controllers into. There's 100% guarantee my son would render a Labo set unusable in a matter of hours at most.

zorg1000 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

we shall see!

To be clear, I dont think any of the individual titles will sell that much but i think they will release a handful of other Labo titles over the next few years and combined will hit that number so a few million per title.

House and Robot are gonna be the most popular

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Its money Nintendo could spend on better games. Or any other new tech. Its just very cheap tech. I can see people destroying it for the stupidest reasons and blaming Nintendo for it. I just hope it fails like Miibo so they can focus their attention on places it deserves.

PwerlvlAmy said:
zorg1000 said:

I think Labo is going to sell like 20 million

Its going to be this generations equivalent of last gens huge kid/family/casual hits like Nintendogs, Brain Age, Wii Sports/Fit & Kinect.

I can't see it being that popular 

Plenty of people back than at launch of Nintendogs, Brain Age, Wii Sports, Fit, Wii Play, Wii Music, thought those things won't be popular. Labo will probably be 10m+ seller, but for record, we talking here about difrent Labo skus, not just about single (for instance that Labo Robot).

potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

There's only so many development dollars to go around. If Nintendo is spending money developing Labo, it probably means they've chosen not to spend money on another project that you would love but will now never see the light of day.

Like I get the counter-argument of "it's good to have a diverse ecosystem so that the entire platform is healthy", but then again, you're talking about cardboard to stick controllers into. There's 100% guarantee my son would render a Labo set unusable in a matter of hours at most.

I mean i get what youre saying to an extent but its still a weird thought process to me.

Its like saying i hope God of War, Detroit, Days Gone & Last of Us 2 fail because i dont want Sony to keep focusing on single player, cinematic/story driven action games.

If a game doesnt appeal to you just dont buy it, simple as that. Its not like Labo has prevented Switch from getting a ton of games for "core gamers".

BotW, Mario Odyssey, Metroid Prime, DOOM, Skyrim, LA Noire, Bayonetta, Wolfenstein, Dark Souls, Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, Dragon Quest, FIFA, WWE, NBA, Rocket League, Axiom Verge, SteamWorld, Owlboy, etc. are on or soon to be on Switch and these type of games will continue to be released even if Labo is a huge success.

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 06 March 2018

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Harkins1721 said:
Its money Nintendo could spend on better games. Or any other new tech. Its just very cheap tech. I can see people destroying it for the stupidest reasons and blaming Nintendo for it. I just hope it fails like Miibo so they can focus their attention on places it deserves.

Im not so sure about that, i highly doubt if Labo didnt exist we would all of a sudden have some AAA hardcore game in its place. Between Nintendo, 3rd parties and indies there will be like 1000 games on Switch by the end of the year so these two Labo sets dont need to fail in order for you to get your gaming fix.

Pretty much all of the hands-on impressions have been positive and the games actually provide a decent amount of content.

Cardboard toys/crafts have been popular among children forever and there has never been any huge outcry from parents about it. Cardboard is literally one of the easiest materials in the world to fix.

Really all it comes down to is you arent personally interested in it so you want it to fail.

I'm thinking Labo will be a more modest hit, with about 5-6 million sold between the first two software editions.