By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War 4 vs Nintendo Labo. Which will sell more?

God of War 4 vs Nintendo Labo

God of War 4 75 55.15%

Nintendo Labo 55 40.44%

They will sell about the same 4 2.94%

Results 2 1.47%

Total:136
potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

I will never understand the mentality of wanting something to fail because its not aimed at you.

There's only so many development dollars to go around. If Nintendo is spending money developing Labo, it probably means they've chosen not to spend money on another project that you would love but will now never see the light of day.

Like I get the counter-argument of "it's good to have a diverse ecosystem so that the entire platform is healthy", but then again, you're talking about cardboard to stick controllers into. There's 100% guarantee my son would render a Labo set unusable in a matter of hours at most.

If Nintendo sells millions upon millions of Labo kits, is that not more development dollars for the company?

A product succeeding means more money for the company and thus more development dollars.

Around the Network

I wanna say GoW but I don't want to underestimate Nintendo fans and their...   infinite quest for "unique" ways to play.

Harkins1721 said:
Its money Nintendo could spend on better games. Or any other new tech. Its just very cheap tech. I can see people destroying it for the stupidest reasons and blaming Nintendo for it. I just hope it fails like Miibo so they can focus their attention on places it deserves.

Better games? We have no idea yet how good Labo will be. Maybe it will turn out to be one of the best and most innovative games/toys ever made.

zorg1000 said:
Harkins1721 said:
Its money Nintendo could spend on better games. Or any other new tech. Its just very cheap tech. I can see people destroying it for the stupidest reasons and blaming Nintendo for it. I just hope it fails like Miibo so they can focus their attention on places it deserves.

Im not so sure about that, i highly doubt if Labo didnt exist we would all of a sudden have some AAA hardcore game in its place. Between Nintendo, 3rd parties and indies there will be like 1000 games on Switch by the end of the year so these two Labo sets dont need to fail in order for you to get your gaming fix.

Pretty much all of the hands-on impressions have been positive and the games actually provide a decent amount of content.

Cardboard toys/crafts have been popular among children forever and there has never been any huge outcry from parents about it. Cardboard is literally one of the easiest materials in the world to fix.

Really all it comes down to is you arent personally interested in it so you want it to fail.

I didnt say all of a sudden. But in time sure. Its money they can spend on their patches for Switch or even their online service. They have always had subpar online services and applications for their systems. Thats an are they can step up their game in. Or maybe focus on features fans actually want. Okay so 1000 games will be on Switch is it going to turn into the Wii again and have a crap ton of shovelware? I hope not. The new games have been nice. Played plenty of the 3rd party on PC/PS4. And its always nice to have remasters but ive played those too. Labo is just a stupid idea. Its in the same terms as Miibo. And like I said. I do want it to fail so they can just move on to a better idea. Much better things they can be investing in on the Switch. 

Flilix said:
Harkins1721 said:

Better games? We have no idea yet how good Labo will be. Maybe it will turn out to be one of the best and most innovative games/toys ever made.

Im assuming and hoping it fails. If its the best thing ever then good. I hope it succeeds but as of now imo it looks like total shit and I expect it to not exceed 1 million units. If im wrong good on Nintendo for seeing a market I dont see.   

Around the Network
irstupid said:
potato_hamster said:

There's only so many development dollars to go around. If Nintendo is spending money developing Labo, it probably means they've chosen not to spend money on another project that you would love but will now never see the light of day.

Like I get the counter-argument of "it's good to have a diverse ecosystem so that the entire platform is healthy", but then again, you're talking about cardboard to stick controllers into. There's 100% guarantee my son would render a Labo set unusable in a matter of hours at most.

If Nintendo sells millions upon millions of Labo kits, is that not more development dollars for the company?

A product succeeding means more money for the company and thus more development dollars.

No. WIth a company like Nintendo, they have a staff and resources they're comfortable with, and it's incredibly unlikely the success of anything is going to have them hiring new people to increase capacity. They'll just stick with what they have.

They have billions in the bank they could spend doing pretty much anything they want. But they don't.

Harkins1721 said:
zorg1000 said:

Im not so sure about that, i highly doubt if Labo didnt exist we would all of a sudden have some AAA hardcore game in its place. Between Nintendo, 3rd parties and indies there will be like 1000 games on Switch by the end of the year so these two Labo sets dont need to fail in order for you to get your gaming fix.

Pretty much all of the hands-on impressions have been positive and the games actually provide a decent amount of content.

Cardboard toys/crafts have been popular among children forever and there has never been any huge outcry from parents about it. Cardboard is literally one of the easiest materials in the world to fix.

Really all it comes down to is you arent personally interested in it so you want it to fail.

I didnt say all of a sudden. But in time sure. Its money they can spend on their patches for Switch or even their online service. They have always had subpar online services and applications for their systems. Thats an are they can step up their game in. Or maybe focus on features fans actually want. Okay so 1000 games will be on Switch is it going to turn into the Wii again and have a crap ton of shovelware? I hope not. The new games have been nice. Played plenty of the 3rd party on PC/PS4. And its always nice to have remasters but ive played those too. Labo is just a stupid idea. Its in the same terms as Miibo. And like I said. I do want it to fail so they can just move on to a better idea. Much better things they can be investing in on the Switch. 

Nintendo has billions in the bank so Labo is not preventing Nintendo from updating their online services.

Sure, many of those 1000 gamee will be junk like any console library but Switch already has a ton of quality titles along with a ton more announced.

I dont see how Labo is such a stupid idea, STEAM (science, tech, engineering, art, math) toys/crafts are extremely popular among kids & parents and thats all Labo is while incorporating video games into it.

Just a question, are you in the 5-12 year old age bracket or the parent of someone who is?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Harkins1721 said:

Nintendo has billions in the bank so Labo is not preventing Nintendo from updating their online services.

Sure, many of those 1000 gamee will be junk like any console library but Switch already has a ton of quality titles along with a ton more announced.

I dont see how Labo is such a stupid idea, STEAM (science, tech, engineering, art, math) toys/crafts are extremely popular among kids & parents and thats all Labo is while incorporating video games into it.

Just a question, are you in the 5-12 year old age bracket or the parent of someone who is?

And yet they still seem to half ass things. Its a cheap product that's overpriced. Nintendo has some terrible idea's so that doesnt help. This just seems like another one. 

No. Im 25. 

Harkins1721 said:
zorg1000 said:

And yet they still seem to half ass things. Its a cheap product that's overpriced. Nintendo has some terrible idea's so that doesnt help. This just seems like another one. 

No. Im 25. 

So my original argument was right. Labo is aimed specifically at kids and parents so you want it to fail for the sole reason of it not being aimed directly at you.

Its really not overpriced, since you're not a parent im assuming that you dont really keep up on prices of toys/games/crafts for kids. Labo is priced in the same range as many other S.T.E.M. sets.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

Cardboard is literally one of the easiest materials in the world to fix.

Exactly.  Bring out the duct tape.... and all broken cardboard shall be reborn.