By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War releasing April 20th, new trailer and new Special Editions announced

Rafie said:
GOWTLOZ said:

In what way does it look like Horizon? Jeez.

That's amazing man. I've never completed the challenges in the home console games they are really tough. COO and GOS have easier challenges so I did platinum them.

You should go back and challenge yourself. Judging by your post, you're very familiar with the GOW series and the mechanics if you platted both COO and GOP. The others may be a tad bit more difficult, but their definitely doable. This is coming from a guy that platted every single GOW game to date. There are a few tricky challenges, but none of them aren't impossible. Keep trying man.

Haha I will see if I have the time. I stopped playing GOW after I got stuck in the Trials of Archimedes in Ascension in hard mode. Haven't gotten back to it since. Really though GOW games are an absolute bitch on the higher difficulty levels especially the very hard modes.

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
Machiavellian said:

Its not that I need GOW to play like the 6 previous games but instead I do not want it to play like Horizon Zero Dawn either.  This trailer looks great but it was very absent on actual gameplay and combat.  From what they have shone of the combat it looked very slow and sluggish(Previous Trailer).  I have not seen enough combat to make an opinion just yet but so far, its not to my liking.  The game could well gain a new audience and lose the other especially if the combat is to far removed from what made the original games fun to play.

DonFerrari said:

Not easy and a lot of time consumed, but the game is enjoyable, so I done it with pleasure... have to go back to GoW to doubleplat it... it's the only one without double because of the challenges that are a little less enjoyable.

And yes the new game seem interesting, even if they change the formula I don't think they'll make a bad game.

That's amazing man. I've never completed the challenges in the home console games they are really tough. COO and GOS have easier challenges so I did platinum them.

Well they are hard and time consuming, but with practice and repetition you'll beat them.

Rafie said:
GOWTLOZ said:

You should go back and challenge yourself. Judging by your post, you're very familiar with the GOW series and the mechanics if you platted both COO and GOP. The others may be a tad bit more difficult, but their definitely doable. This is coming from a guy that platted every single GOW game to date. There are a few tricky challenges, but none of them aren't impossible. Keep trying man.

Exactly.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

this game will for sure a systemseller🙌

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

You don't need a Pro??? Get out.... Will pray for LoD2 to be a Pro exclusive.

If Sony starts making Pro exclusives I may turn to pc gaming, won't let them push that shit on me.

After I get a pro and LoD 2, that is.

Just LoD2 will be exclusive.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

That limited edition will look really nice along side my limited editions of bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
Machiavellian said:

Its not that I need GOW to play like the 6 previous games but instead I do not want it to play like Horizon Zero Dawn either.  This trailer looks great but it was very absent on actual gameplay and combat.  From what they have shone of the combat it looked very slow and sluggish(Previous Trailer).  I have not seen enough combat to make an opinion just yet but so far, its not to my liking.  The game could well gain a new audience and lose the other especially if the combat is to far removed from what made the original games fun to play.

DonFerrari said:

Not easy and a lot of time consumed, but the game is enjoyable, so I done it with pleasure... have to go back to GoW to doubleplat it... it's the only one without double because of the challenges that are a little less enjoyable.

And yes the new game seem interesting, even if they change the formula I don't think they'll make a bad game.

LOL, I was using Horizon as an example of a change I would not want to see as that would be a total break from the previou games combat formula.  I explained what I noticed about the combat from what I have seen so far and it looks much slower, with the camera pulled in.  As I stated, I need to see a lot more of the combat to make informed opinion so I can easily wait but at this current time, I am not really hyped to play it.

DonFerrari said:
KazumaKiryu said:

DonFerrari, good work! It was not easy, right ?

Personally, I was never a fan of the old parts (only played 1 Game in the past). But the new God of War looks amazing, I'm very interested and I want to play it :) The gameplay and the worlds look good. I also think that fans and newcomers will have fun with the new part (said the developer) :)

ah cool, I understand :) It was certainly a nice / exciting time :)

ZODIARKrebirth said:
this game will for sure a systemseller🙌

100 % :) Games with a lot of effort, high development costs and much love to detail deserve strong sales and the PS4 will benefit.

Qwark said:

That limited edition will look really nice along side my limited editions of bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn

good taste!

KazumaKiryu said:
Qwark said:

good taste!

Thanks, I really love how all those limited editions have the same style and that they are all great games obviously. I platted GOW 3 so I really look forward to platting this one as well.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
KazumaKiryu said:

good taste!

Thanks, I really love how all those limited editions have the same style and that they are all great games obviously. I platted GOW 3 so I really look forward to platting this one as well.

That sounds great:) Wish you a nice week =)