By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War releasing April 20th, new trailer and new Special Editions announced

Intrinsic said:
its kinda shocking that there are those here that actually want GOW7 to look and play like the previous 6. I love GOW and all, didnt even play the mobile versions. But after GOW3? that was it for me.

Until now.

Its not that I need GOW to play like the 6 previous games but instead I do not want it to play like Horizon Zero Dawn either.  This trailer looks great but it was very absent on actual gameplay and combat.  From what they have shone of the combat it looked very slow and sluggish(Previous Trailer).  I have not seen enough combat to make an opinion just yet but so far, its not to my liking.  The game could well gain a new audience and lose the other especially if the combat is to far removed from what made the original games fun to play.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Intrinsic said:
its kinda shocking that there are those here that actually want GOW7 to look and play like the previous 6. I love GOW and all, didnt even play the mobile versions. But after GOW3? that was it for me.

Until now.

Its not that I need GOW to play like the 6 previous games but instead I do not want it to play like Horizon Zero Dawn either.  This trailer looks great but it was very absent on actual gameplay and combat.  From what they have shone of the combat it looked very slow and sluggish(Previous Trailer).  I have not seen enough combat to make an opinion just yet but so far, its not to my liking.  The game could well gain a new audience and lose the other especially if the combat is to far removed from what made the original games fun to play.

Ding dong....It’s a “Story” trailer.

So it’s like Horizon just because it’s third person?! It still very much looks like a beat em up with huge boss fights! Do you really think anyone would prefer a static isometric camera these days?

Vincoletto said: 
GameOverture said: 
Still no sure about the new direction, but I would lose my mind if Kratos’ kid dies and he rages out, bringing back the blades and gameplay from the original trilogy lol that would be a total kojima on mgs2 move
Although to be fair, it’s good that this isn’t just another god of war game with minimal changes to gameplay, just not sure thoughtful and sentimental kratos is a good idea yet...

I already played the same game 6 times... its time for a change.

Playing GoW Ascencion made me realize how the game needed to advance and bring a new story.

I agree the series needed to go on a new direction, just not sure this is it

I make game analyses on youtube:

FFVI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSO6n8kNCwk
Shadow of the Colossus: https://youtu.be/9kDBFGw6SXQ
Silent Hill 2: https://youtu.be/BwISCik3Njc
BotW: https://youtu.be/4auqRSAWYKU

Machiavellian said:
Intrinsic said:

Until now.

this trailer was called a story trailer for a reason. And while its obviously not as fast paced at the previous GOW games I wont call it slow. like using the blade of artemis. Slower, but still GOW.

I think you're doing that thing where people talk down a game before its even out. Seems to happen a lot these days.

LipeJJ said:
JRPGfan said:

Now you can choose if you want a cardboard box, with a small indie quality game,.... or a epic Action-Adventure game.

Choices choices...

Now you can choose if you want a different and creative experience which will have you and more people having fun, or an epic action adventure game with very limited combat, cheesy dialogues and no freedom.

Different points of view. Isn’t that amazing?

Hope they go back to the old style one day. Would buy it in a hearbeat.

Labo is creative in the same sense many indie games are so his point is not entirely wrong. It is a bit more about the hardware than the software from what I've seen.

Nothing you said about GOW has any truth or thought put into it. Limited combat, we don't know yet. Cheesy dialogues, definitely doesn't look like it. No freedom, the devs themselves say that it will have exploration. You're just being salty about the favourable comparisons with a Nintendo game. This is why I don't like Nintendo fans despite liking their games, GOW looks leagues better than Labo even aspires to be.

Mar1217 said:
So much for these March release speculations,lol.

Anyway, I guess this leave Bayonetta and DMC alone in the "race" for the title of best Beat'em Up franchise after seeing GOW subduing itself for something more Naughty Dog like.

With that logic DMC quit the race entirely.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

Buy PS4Pro as well to play it...

They also should include a VR version for who wants to play in first person view.

I already have a PS4, don't need a Pro.

Don't really look foward VR in GoE, at all, that's Ace Combat job to try to sell me it.

You don't need a Pro??? Get out.... Will pray for LoD2 to be a Pro exclusive.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Vincoletto said:

I already played the same game 6 times... its time for a change.

Playing GoW Ascencion made me realize how the game needed to advance and bring a new story.

Platinated all GoW available on PS3 and 4, twice for all but GoW3

DonFerrari, good work! It was not easy, right ?

Bristow9091 said:
Watched the trailer and got really excited! I love the God of War games and their gameplay, don't get me wrong, but I think it's going to be interesting with this new approach they're doing, I mean yeah sure I'll miss the old gameplay, but y'know... new mythology, new gameplay style, right? :P I just hope this is the first game of a series set in Norse mythology and they don't just move onto another in the next game or something.

Personally, I was never a fan of the old parts (only played 1 Game in the past). But the new God of War looks amazing, I'm very interested and I want to play it :) The gameplay and the worlds look good. I also think that fans and newcomers will have fun with the new part (said the developer) :)

KazumaKiryu said:
DonFerrari said:

Platinated all GoW available on PS3 and 4, twice for all but GoW3

Bristow9091 said:
Watched the trailer and got really excited! I love the God of War games and their gameplay, don't get me wrong, but I think it's going to be interesting with this new approach they're doing, I mean yeah sure I'll miss the old gameplay, but y'know... new mythology, new gameplay style, right? :P I just hope this is the first game of a series set in Norse mythology and they don't just move onto another in the next game or something.

Personally, I was never a fan of the old parts (only played 1 Game in the past). But the new God of War looks amazing, I'm very interested and I want to play it :) The gameplay and the worlds look good. I also think that fans and newcomers will have fun with the new part (said the developer) :)

Not easy and a lot of time consumed, but the game is enjoyable, so I done it with pleasure... have to go back to GoW to doubleplat it... it's the only one without double because of the challenges that are a little less enjoyable.

And yes the new game seem interesting, even if they change the formula I don't think they'll make a bad game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Machiavellian said:
Intrinsic said:

Until now.

In what way does it look like Horizon? Jeez.

DonFerrari said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Not easy and a lot of time consumed, but the game is enjoyable, so I done it with pleasure... have to go back to GoW to doubleplat it... it's the only one without double because of the challenges that are a little less enjoyable.

And yes the new game seem interesting, even if they change the formula I don't think they'll make a bad game.

That's amazing man. I've never completed the challenges in the home console games they are really tough. COO and GOS have easier challenges so I did platinum them.

GOWTLOZ said:
Machiavellian said:

In what way does it look like Horizon? Jeez.

DonFerrari said:

That's amazing man. I've never completed the challenges in the home console games they are really tough. COO and GOS have easier challenges so I did platinum them.

You should go back and challenge yourself. Judging by your post, you're very familiar with the GOW series and the mechanics if you platted both COO and GOP. The others may be a tad bit more difficult, but their definitely doable. This is coming from a guy that platted every single GOW game to date. There are a few tricky challenges, but none of them aren't impossible. Keep trying man.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron