By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All New Microsoft Studio Releases Will be On Xbox Game Pass

pitzy272 said:
But their exclusive games are so rarely good. Are there third party games on gamepass as well?

Maybe you should make a little research before making such comment.  

http://www.metacritic.com/company/microsoft-game-studios?filter-options=games&num_items=30&sort_options=metascore&page=3

https://www.trueachievements.com/Xbox-Game-Pass/Games#

Have a look at these two links and lets see what what you have to say.

Around the Network

It's an awesome deal, but it worries me a little.

This move makes more business sense if the Microsoft Studios games in question are released (or supported) across several months, bringing in more subscription dollars.

I think it points to a greater focus, moving forward, on episodic releases and games-as-a-service titles -- which is great for some folks but not so hot for me.

Yeah, this is insanely good, they must be making some serious money on this service in order to see it viable enough to carry their 1st party titles. I'm on board :).

Teeqoz said:
Bandorr said:
Fascinating. So just subscribe for $10. Play several just released $40 and or $60 games. Then cancel. Only to then do it again when another game comes out.

Just like you could do with Netflix or HBO, and I'm sure people do that. But most people remain subscribed. Subscription models for distribution are gaining steam in every other field of entertainment, and many have just been waiting for the when it would take off for gaming as well.

The interesting thing here will be wether Microsoft's "download the games and play them on your own hardware" or Sony's "stream the games from out servers" model will prove most successful. I think both have some businessadvantages, Sony's model having the primary advantage of you not having to actually own the hardware, while Microsoft's model provides a better gaming experience, but you have to own the hardware.

The ideal solution might be a combination of the two - allow those that own the hardware to download the games, but also have streaming available for those that don't.

I platinumed the ratchet games on PS now and I wasn't that impressed, one of the game felt like I was playing on youtube 2005 video quality. I gave my sister one year subscription to the xbox pass so she can play what she wants. 

Anyway Nintendo pass would be insane if you can also take the games on the go (you don't have to be online to play on x game pass).

yvanjean said:
pitzy272 said:
But their exclusive games are so rarely good. Are there third party games on gamepass as well?

http://www.metacritic.com/company/microsoft-game-studios?filter-options=games&num_items=30&sort_options=metascore&page=3

Make a little research? I suppose I understand what you meant 😜. I asked my question bc I hadn’t done research yet. That was the point of my asking.

@1st link

This is the XBO, so I was talking about XBO exclusive games—not 360 or OG Xbox. I’m fully aware of xbo’s library, and I have an XBO myself. And unfortunately, the only XBO exclusive I’ve played and actually liked was cuphead (which was fantastic). Maybe that’ll change when I finally play sunset overdrive. 

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
It's an awesome deal, but it worries me a little.

This move makes more business sense if the Microsoft Studios games in question are released (or supported) across several months, bringing in more subscription dollars.

I think it points to a greater focus, moving forward, on episodic releases and games-as-a-service titles -- which is great for some folks but not so hot for me.

Oh, don't worry. MS will be at the forefront of pushing games as a service on the console set.

Speaking of models, I wonder how this will play out? Could using the dollar store tact, and attacking the budget minded gamer backfire if people still don't want to buy creamed eels, regardless of the price?

Will it paint them in a bad light among the elite, who eat premium take-out , use cabs to go the movies, and buy Joe Boxer underwear? Will this undercut their take in the traditional sales model?

Of course, I'm exaggerating. The XBO is a very good, but somewhat troubled platform backed by a division famous for attempting unsavory maneuvers, engaging in duplicitous marketing, and generally pushing the envelope in what some may refer to as anti-consumer behavior. And they've rightfully paid for it. A move like this ( and others in recent history ) probably wouldn't happen otherwise. Very interested to see how this develops. Maybe it'll be a boon for them.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 23 January 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

hollabackenny said:
That’s an insane deal. Holy.

Depending on how many games they actually plan to releases. On one hand I like the idea, and it could help millions to choose the ecosystem provided by MS, on the other hand I am a bit sceptical about this, and it might actually be a prediction of the dire sittuation MS's 1st party schedule might be. Time will tell.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Bandorr said:
shikamaru317 said:

You should try Forza Horizon 3, Sunset Overdrive, ReCore, D4, and Crimson Dragon. Unfortunately 2 of those aren't on game pass yet. 

Hard to recommend D4 without a season 2. Great game.. but that cliff hanger.  Also I'd throw in Quantum break. The TV scenes are interesting, but I enjoyed the powers.

I have to agree about D4.. It was a great story but I wouldn't bother playing it before season 2 is confirmed. Quantum Break was one of my favorite games this gen but it also had an incomplete story. This Game Pass service would be a great opportunity for MS to continue these stories in some form, especially D4. 

shikamaru317 said:
Bandorr said:

Hard to recommend D4 without a season 2. Great game.. but that cliff hanger.  Also I'd throw in Quantum break. The TV scenes are interesting, but I enjoyed the powers.

Yeah, sucks we'll never get a season 2 of D4. 

QB was supposed to be on my list, missed it. QB is also missing on Game Pass sadly. MS should work on adding the missing older exclusives such as Crimson Dragon, Halo MCC, and QB to Game Pass soon.  

Probably D4 S2 can happen at some point but definitely it will be developed without Swery

pitzy272 said:
yvanjean said:

Make a little research? I suppose I understand what you meant 😜. I asked my question bc I hadn’t done research yet. That was the point of my asking.

@1st link

This is the XBO, so I was talking about XBO exclusive games—not 360 or OG Xbox. I’m fully aware of xbo’s library, and I have an XBO myself. And unfortunately, the only XBO exclusive I’ve played and actually liked was cuphead (which was fantastic). Maybe that’ll change when I finally play sunset overdrive. 

Seem to me you were trying to flame on Microsoft... their exclusive games are so rarely good?

It's one think to say that Microsoft Studios releases are the best game available on any consoles but to say that their game aren't good is simply trying to get a rise out of people. 

They've had excellent release this Gen - Halo 5, Halo Wars 2, Gears 4, Ori, Quantum Break, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Halo Master Chief collection & Forza Series.

Then there was the good release Super lucky Tales, Rare Replay, Scream ride, Zoo Tycoon, Recore, D4, Ryse: Son of romes.

I bet there a few lackluster game like lococycle and any of the Kinects games that weren't so good but that hardly worth mentioning.