Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony figurines are finally happening!

celador said:
can't believe Sony copied Nintendo by making toys based on their characters, which we know know Nintendo was the first to do out of any company in history

but it's no surprise, Sony also completely copied Nintendo by making their console be able to connect to the internet. The same internet Nintendo invented. Bastards

Sony aren't making anything. But I guess fanboyism is blind to the obvious.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Thank fuck that they're being made by a third party. Should mean shitty physical DLC won't start infesting Sony games!

My thoughts exactly.

I didn't know Nintendo invented figurines.

The Bloodborne and Crash one look great. Something like this usually costs much more on eBay, so €15 is good by me.

celador said:
can't believe Sony copied Nintendo by making toys based on their characters, which we know know Nintendo was the first to do out of any company in history

but it's no surprise, Sony also completely copied Nintendo by making their console be able to connect to the internet. The same internet Nintendo invented. Bastards

Sadly, that's how a good chunk of their fans feel. 

Woah, I had no idea Nintendo invented small figurines.

If they were NFC then they'd be Amiibo clones, but they are not, so pretty hilarious to see some posts in this thread.

But seriously, somebody better get a lawsuit over this, and then Nintendo should go after companies like Good Smile Company, Kotobukiya, Furyu, Banpresto, and Bandai since they all make small figurines as well!

Around the Network

Not gonna lie, I think I want the Crash Bandicoot one.

FFS, this click bait trash, feel bad for the folks that pay money to support this site.

Aren't amiibo a rip-off from Skylanders?

No need to hate them now we know those are common figurines

I can't wait to stand in line at midnight next to Homeless Joe and other creepy Men and Moms to get one. Or at least watch others get one and then be one too many and have to drive across town to the next spot, argue with the manager until they exhaust every last means to see if they have it. Then tell them I will never come to this store again and storm off to the next location.
A week later I will buy it off eBay for 100 dollars.

Will be the most fun I have had since Gold Mario amiibo.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Looks like decent tier western figures, I'm not buying that.
I'll check the quality at release but I'm not expecting anything good.

Edit : I hope Sony and GoodSmile partners up one day to bring Playstation-themed Nendoroid Petite, that would put them within price-range of amiibos with a better build quality and more details.