By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony figurines are finally happening!

It is 10$.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
OTBWY said:

You're not understanding what I was trying to say. Figurines are okay, and everyone does it duh. I specifically aimed my comment towards the packaging, which is very amiibo-ish. Try not to put words in my mouth thanks.

That would require amiibo packaging to be unique and special. But really this shouldn't bother you.

I only said it looks very similar. If Amiibo packaging is ripped off from something else, then show it to me and i'll drop it.

"But really this shouldn't bother you."

Sorry, but who's getting defensive over this? Not my fault that Sony wants in on amiibo-like figures. I actually welcome it. I love figurines. That's how I see Amiibo's too. Figurines first. Cheap figurines of popular characters.

People who are using this opportunity to give pot-shots to Sony are being petty. It's just licensed out characters for some random niche obscure figurine set. It doesn't have any electronic use, it isn't a big focus by Sony, and the only thing that even looks remotely similar is the packaging. They're just figurines, the foundation at the bottom of the figurines is quite common. This is about as legit as trying to say that DND figures of Crash Bandicoot were copying Amiibo...

* removed spam *

User was banned for this post - tads12

Last edited by trasharmdsister12 - on 22 January 2018

Nice. Ill pick up a few of those.

Around the Network

I preordered the Hunter figure from Bloodborne. Had to get it from a Benelux retailer I know of. Costs 14,98 Euro.

How are they Sony's answer to amiibo? They're just figurines lol.

They aren't even made or distributed by Sony... They're just licensed by a third party lol.

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 22 January 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
Thank fuck that they're being made by a third party. Should mean shitty physical DLC won't start infesting Sony games!

My thoughts exactly.

I didn't know Nintendo invented figurines.

The Bloodborne and Crash one look great. Something like this usually costs much more on eBay, so €15 is good by me.

celador said:
can't believe Sony copied Nintendo by making toys based on their characters, which we know know Nintendo was the first to do out of any company in history

but it's no surprise, Sony also completely copied Nintendo by making their console be able to connect to the internet. The same internet Nintendo invented. Bastards

Sadly, that's how a good chunk of their fans feel.