Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony figurines are finally happening!

gentii said:
Just i have say thats SONY its better for copy paste Company

Sure and just ignore the fact that nintendid copy Skylander and Disney Infinity... >_>

No one perfect. Can't believe you're not banned for that pitiful ignorance post

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
People who are using this opportunity to give pot-shots to Sony are being petty. It's just licensed out characters for some random niche obscure figurine set. It doesn't have any electronic use, it isn't a big focus by Sony, and the only thing that even looks remotely similar is the packaging. They're just figurines, the foundation at the bottom of the figurines is quite common. This is about as legit as trying to say that DND figures of Crash Bandicoot were copying Amiibo...

Not arguing with you,  but the title does imply "amiibos ". Probably the reason people are coming in saying that. If the title just said " Sony is getting more figurines", it probably would not come up. 

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

The opening post uses the term "non-NFC". Anybody who reads that and still attempts to accuse Sony of copying Amiibos is not anybody that should be taken seriously. And I saw a lot of that in the first few pages of this thread before the Nintendo circle jerk got derailed.

gentii said:

Wait... Do you think Nintendo invented figurines?

They won´t have any sort of NFC functionality, right? That´s ok I believe.... they will probably be cheaper than Amiibos

As a figurine line, they´re really charming, for sure. I will buy the Crash Bandicoot figurine, if I can find it in  my country any day.

Around the Network

I really like the Crash, Heihachi, Kratos and Bloodborne figurines. Maybe I will buy them if they are not expensive. ^^

Changed the title to be more accurate. Even in the OP you describe them as non-NFC, which is a pretty essential feature of what an amiibo is. These are simply Sony-licensed figurines.

Hynad said:
gentii said:

Didn't you know? They even invented water!!!

OTBWY said:
Barkley said:

That would require amiibo packaging to be unique and special. But really this shouldn't bother you.

I only said it looks very similar. If Amiibo packaging is ripped off from something else, then show it to me and i'll drop it.

"But really this shouldn't bother you."

Sorry, but who's getting defensive over this? Not my fault that Sony wants in on amiibo-like figures. I actually welcome it. I love figurines. That's how I see Amiibo's too. Figurines first. Cheap figurines of popular characters.

I wouldn't say Amiibo packaging is ripped off but it's pretty standard figurine packaging. Take for example, TMNT figurine packages which date back from the 90s:

Signature goes here!

pristinegamer23 said:
Hynad said:

Didn't you know? They even invented water!!!

Yeah but they put too much of it in Pokemon Omega Ruby.

Signature goes here!