By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony figurines are finally happening!

OTBWY said:
LivingMetal said:

Good for you.  I still disagree. 

And that's ok.

Will be getting some Totaku's regardless. I like them because to me they are amiibo-ish.

I actually have a Peach and Samus Amiibo just to have them as figurines.

I'll be doing the same with Parappa, and Bloodborne.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
I don't follow Nintendo-Life. Are they always that passive-aggressive and immature? That article was several levels of awkward. Made much funnier by linking to pushsquare at the bottom that rips this joke in half.

Why are they producing a Tekken 7 one? The game isn't a Sony IP. The Game wasn't exclusive to Sony. Is it just because it will have Noctis in it?

The bloodborne one looks sick.

I can't find the link to pushsquare.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Bandorr said:
I don't follow Nintendo-Life. Are they always that passive-aggressive and immature? That article was several levels of awkward. Made much funnier by linking to pushsquare at the bottom that rips this joke in half.

Why are they producing a Tekken 7 one? The game isn't a Sony IP. The Game wasn't exclusive to Sony. Is it just because it will have Noctis in it?

The bloodborne one looks sick.

"Before the Chibi-Robo avatars set fire to the comments section, it’s perhaps worth pointing out that the Totaku Collection – a new line of PlayStation-inspired figurines – is not manufactured by Sony, so perhaps save your obligatory “copy-cat” hot takes for another site. Nevertheless, this selection of plastic models does share similarities with Nintendo’s own amiibo – after all, it’s not like figurines existed prior to 2014."

link

Ooo, I want that Feisar from Wipeout :)

spurgeonryan said:
OTBWY said:

I get what you're saying. This is a fairly standard small figure package, similar to many Star Wars ones. But looking at the Amiibo and Totaku packaging, some things just seem similar such as color coding, text (name of the character) in front of the case, the large character artwork on the surface behind the case.

And you know what, I think it's totally OK. Amiibo's sold well. So it would be smart to market them similarly (if they aimed for that). It's good money and ultimately helps the IP imo.

Damn it! Today I learned Nintendo knocked of the Mutant Ninja Turtles with Amiibos.

Mutant Teenage Hero Turtles, sir.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
OTBWY said:

And that's ok.

Will be getting some Totaku's regardless. I like them because to me they are amiibo-ish.

I actually have a Peach and Samus Amiibo just to have them as figurines.

I'll be doing the same with Parappa, and Bloodborne.

I got a preorder on The Hunter from Bloodborne. I'll get the Crash one later on maybe.

Barkley said:
COKTOE said:

"Before the Chibi-Robo avatars set fire to the comments section, it’s perhaps worth pointing out that the Totaku Collection – a new line of PlayStation-inspired figurines – is not manufactured by Sony, so perhaps save your obligatory “copy-cat” hot takes for another site. Nevertheless, this selection of plastic models does share similarities with Nintendo’s own amiibo – after all, it’s not like figurines existed prior to 2014."

link

Bandorr said:
COKTOE said:

Barkley just linked it but I will explain how I found it.  Scroll all the way down. under picture, and under the "Each figure will cost $9.99".

You will see it say "via pushsquare.com". Barkley did quote the part I was talking about. 

Thanks guys.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

gentii said:

Just i have say thats SONY its better for copy paste Company

User moderated for this and other posts -RavenXtra

I mean, you could start by finding something that Sony is actually doing.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

OTBWY said:
spurgeonryan said:

Damn it! Today I learned Nintendo knocked of the Mutant Ninja Turtles with Amiibos.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... son.

LivingMetal said:
OTBWY said:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... son.

Turtles Mutant Ninja Heroes, guy.