By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony figurines are finally happening!

Make it happen, Valve.

Around the Network

The packaging at least makes it very amiibo-ish. Let's be real.

My shelf has become decidedly Nintendo-heavy with all the amiibo... getting Kratos and Crash up there should help provide some variety :D

Otherwise, Croft is the other one I'd like to see hit the market... I must be forgetting like a million Sony ip's that I played as a kid lol, brain fart at the moment.

So they're just licensed figurines sold by a 3rd party distributor. Also they do nothing aside from looking ugly. Not sure why Sony would allow this.

Then again, they do allow digital trash on their store like Life of Black Tiger. So maybe they're just branching out to physical trash.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

So they're just licensed figurines sold by a 3rd party distributor. Also they do nothing aside from looking ugly. Not sure why Sony would allow this.

Then again, they do allow digital trash on their store like Life of Black Tiger. So maybe they're just branching out to physical trash.

Really? Not just cashing in on what might look like Amiibo's? Those still sell, and that's why Sony has done this. That's what they always do.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

Really? Not just cashing in on what might look like Amiibo's? Those still sell, and that's why Sony has done this. That's what they always do.

You're acting as if action figures aren't available for almost every franchise ever created. Including PlayStation, considering this doesn't even include NFC so is not different from figures that have been available in the past I'm not sure where the hostility over this is coming from. "That's what they always do." ok.

OTBWY said:
vivster said:

It's licensed garbage nobody would even know about if news sites didn't jump on it and tried to spin their own narrative for clicks. And I'd be careful with words like "always".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

can't believe Sony copied Nintendo by making toys based on their characters, which we know know Nintendo was the first to do out of any company in history

but it's no surprise, Sony also completely copied Nintendo by making their console be able to connect to the internet. The same internet Nintendo invented. Bastards

Barkley said:
OTBWY said:

You're acting as if action figures aren't available for almost every franchise ever created. Including PlayStation, considering this doesn't even include NFC so is not different from figures that have been available in the past I'm not sure where the hostility over this is coming from. "That's what they always do." ok.

You're not understanding what I was trying to say. Figurines are okay, and everyone does it duh. I specifically aimed my comment towards the packaging, which is very amiibo-ish. Try not to put words in my mouth thanks.

OTBWY said:
Barkley said:

You're not understanding what I was trying to say. Figurines are okay, and everyone does it duh. I specifically aimed my comment towards the packaging, which is very amiibo-ish. Try not to put words in my mouth thanks.

That would require amiibo packaging to be unique and special. But really this shouldn't bother you.