Forums - General Discussion - Things that annoy you

Does this thread need a poll?

Yes 9 37.50%

No 11 45.83%

See results 4 16.67%

Total:24

Jerks

Around the Network

wow.... lol... a list like that could have hundreds of items.

Some huge annoyances (to me):

1 - people obstructing the door of subway trains when it is not crowded - why on earth people do that if they´re not going to get off on next station?that´s just.... dumb

2 - people that don´t know how make or keep themselves in a line, which is common in my country and makes simple things like taking the bus or buying groceries a real mess.

3 - "funk balls", young bums that equip their cars with sound systems and stay all night long on the street playing very loud "noises" (Brazilian funk is not even considered music by most people), disturbing entire neighborhoods. That´s actually a HUGE public security issue in my city

4 - discussions about politics. I can´t stand this type of discussion anymore. Lately, with so much extremism from every side, politics became a disgusting issue everywhere.

5- undisciplined, lazy co-workers, people that don´t follow professional rules.

Ganoncrotch said:
getting wasps stuck under your foreskin

Ah yes, that happens to me whole the time. Very annoying.

People who misuse appeal to moderation (not as in forum moderation but the argument type). In many cases the best choice is the middle, that much is true but some people (ironically) take this to the extreme and base their arguments or even worldview on being moderate.

This line of thinking makes no sense and even irrational, for example, if I am telling a lie and someone else is telling the truth then by appealing to moderation then you are still accepting a lie. Most people would find racism to be abhorrent; being anti-racist is an extremist position since moderation would require somehow a compromise to those who want to be racist.

Please, take some time to learn each side before deciding which position to take, take the moderate position if there's some logic behind it and not because you think being a moderate grants you moral superiority. It will make your arguments better and it will make me very happy : ).

Oh and Mega Man 5, had the potential of being a great game but it has so many silly mistakes that I just feel annoyed playing it.

Last edited by Leadified - on 22 January 2018

mZuzek said:

And also,

Arminillo said:
anime girl avatars.

Female Japanese voice acting. Especially when they're crying. It's impossible to bear, really. I've no idea how or more importantly why they scream so incredibly high. That said, it's not all crap, I've seen some good female Japanese VAs, but it's like, 5% of them.

Edit: I mean, usually I always try to experience any kind of content in its original language, so when the multi-language patch dropped for Breath of the Wild I was totally down to play it in Japanese, but holy mother of god Zelda's voice is the absolute worst. Never mind all you English Zelda haters, you've no idea how annoying she can be in another language! Ultimately I did finish the whole game in Japanese but damn I'm definitely never coming back to it. I hoped her voice would grow on me over time (as the English one did), but nope, still annoying me brutally all the way to the end. It's particularly sad because the voice acting is really cool other than Yunobo and her, but since Zelda's in pretty much every cutscene I just couldn't bear with it. English all the way for me.

Seriously I remember watching Fullmetal and then going to a different anime. Having to hear a teenage/older woman shout out "kawaii samaaaaa" with a pitch that borderlines earrape pisses me off. Who actually finds that appealing? I get some women have high-pitched voices, but it's ridiculously overblown

Aeolus451 said:

Slow drivers or slow walkers in a store. People who go the speed limit don't bother me.

Mosquitoes.

Hot weather.

Baseless arrogance.

Duck face.

Exaggeration.

People who are constantly offended.

People who fixate on their identity.

Entitlement.

Yeah arrogance bothers me too, along with the offended part (both of which are seen more often nowadays). It really sucks because some people just can't be a bit more moderate and have to either be offended by absolutely everything or be an edgelord 100% of the time. 

The part on identity confuses me though. Do you mean people constantly focused on the way others think of them?

Slade6alpha said:
Aeolus451 said:

Slow drivers or slow walkers in a store. People who go the speed limit don't bother me.

Mosquitoes.

Hot weather.

Baseless arrogance.

Duck face.

Exaggeration.

People who are constantly offended.

People who fixate on their identity.

Entitlement.

What about feminists? I work in a room with nothing but women... starting to get the hate for feminists and honestly women in general. 

No offense but you aren't much better. It's easy to just go ahead and hate all (blank) but you gotta be a better person and realize there are too many humans to believe in such broad generalizations,especially against half the population.

I had a class once and sat w/ some girls who were...far from saints, and it annoyed. However, I just stayed calm and chose to not put too much thought into it. I'd recommend it honestly - the rotten apple will always stick out more due to it being different than the others, right? Gotta keep that mindset and realize the majority of feminists, women, and any other group will have flawed people. It isn't fair to hate them all.

Ka-pi96 said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Why? If you can still understand what the person is saying, why does that annoy you? These are forums, there's absolutely no need for everyone to write correctly, especially when you consider that English isn't the native language for most people here. Congratulations if you speak English fluently, but that's a privilege that most people didn't have the opportunity to have.

The problem with that is that the people who often make the most common mistakes and constantly repeat them are usually the native speakers

Yeah I get making a typo - we've all been there. However, the amount of poor spelling and grammar on social media (especially Facebook) makes me hate myself.

Leadified said:
People who misuse appeal to moderation (not as in forum moderation but the argument type). In many cases the best choice is the middle, that much is true but some people (ironically) take this to the extreme and base their arguments or even worldview on being moderate.

This line of thinking makes no sense and even irrational, for example, if I am telling a lie and someone else is telling the truth then by appealing to moderation then you are still accepting a lie. Most people would find racism to be abhorrent; being anti-racist is an extremist position since moderation would require somehow a compromise to those who want to be racist.

Please, take some time to learn each side before deciding which position to take, take the moderate position if there's some logic behind it and not because you think being a moderate grants you moral superiority. It will make your arguments better and it will make me very happy : ).                             

Yeah people need to stop with the "bah both sides!" nonsense. If someone in the 1700's said "yeah we shouldn't have slaves, but we shouldn't give blacks rights to be fair to both sides", would he be considered a good person? No, he wouldn't. This type of thinking is used too often and I believe it's because people don't want to be criticized. If people always tried to appeal to others, then figures such as Malcolm X would've never existed

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

I'm tired of having to take a shit every day. Usually 3 times. And the whole oral care routine. I'm to the point they both often annoy me.

Good lord! What are you eating that makes you body do that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
COKTOE said:

I'm tired of having to take a shit every day. Usually 3 times. And the whole oral care routine. I'm to the point they both often annoy me.

Good lord! What are you eating that makes you body do that.

I think that's fairly normal, and generally a sign of good health, but still, annoying. :)  I eat lots of healthy food. Had a big organic 10 veg salad with no dressing for breakfast, but I like to balance things out, and will drink vodka tonight. Finlandia brand. S' pretty nice.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

People that smack their lips when they chew. The thought alone makes me cringe. I just dont get why some people can't keep their mouths closed when eating...why is that so hard?????

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Ka-pi96 said:
COKTOE said:

I think that's fairly normal, and generally a sign of good health, but still, annoying. :)  I eat lots of healthy food. Had a big organic 10 veg salad with no dressing for breakfast, but I like to balance things out, and will drink vodka tonight. Finlandia brand. S' pretty nice.

You think 3 times a day is normal? :O

I'm glad I'm not normal then

Ha ha. I just looked it up, and 3 is right within the healthy norm. I'm probably slightly over 3/day for at least 20 years now. I guess I wish I went less in terms of the time it occupies, but aside from the annoyance, which is real, it feels good to be regular. Now let's please forget I ever brought this up and get back to why Playstation is better than, let's say, WonderSwan. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Conservatives.