Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
newwil7l said:
So now we know Switch is killing it in France, Germany, and Spain...

What the hell is going on in the UK?

Because they have terrible tastes. Why else do you think we Americans declared independence from them? It wasn't because of their tea.

Nah, that would have been stupid...Earl Grey is delicious 😋 

RolStoppable said:
Errorist76 said:

We just had numbers for Odyssey..they were considerably lower in the UK compared to France and Germany.

That said, you might actually be right...The XBox’s strength is the Switch’s weakness and the other way around in other European countries. I was always saying that XBox was more competing with Switch from now on than Playstation in Europe.

I missed those Odyssey numbers. Do you have a link?

But no, my point isn't that Xbox's relevance in the UK signals weakness for Switch. What the relevance of Xbox does is change the perception of how well Switch is doing. But it's just that: Perception.

It’s in the left column on the main side. 

“Looking more closely at Europe, the game had sold an estimated 192,406 units in the UK, 272,593 units in Germany, and 322,820 units in France”

That’s a considerable difference on one of Europe’s biggest gaming markets.

Errorist76 said:
RolStoppable said:

I missed those Odyssey numbers. Do you have a link?

But no, my point isn't that Xbox's relevance in the UK signals weakness for Switch. What the relevance of Xbox does is change the perception of how well Switch is doing. But it's just that: Perception.

It’s in the left column on the main side. 

“Looking more closely at Europe, the game had sold an estimated 192,406 units in the UK, 272,593 units in Germany, and 322,820 units in France”

That’s a considerable difference on one of Europe’s biggest gaming markets.

VGChartz numbers  

Good news, more numbers for trunks to work around and do the adjjustments.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

That's 66% better than Wii in the same timeline.

For a comparation, Wii sold 361,000 first month.

Wii also sold 728,000 in 14 months, so Switch has to sell 128,000 in 4 months for still be head of Wii after his first true holiday... looks very possible.

I wonder how the Switch is doing in Sweden, because it has always been the land of Nintendo and PC gaming.

I LOVE ICELAND!

This is very impressive.

Yeah, not bad it looks. Perhaps the UK could eventually switch its thoughts up on Nintendo and its latest system.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ryng_Tolu said:

That's 66% better than Wii in the same timeline.

For a comparation, Wii sold 361,000 first month.

Wii also sold 728,000 in 14 months, so Switch has to sell 128,000 in 4 months for still be head of Wii after his first true holiday... looks very possible.

what did ps4 sell its first 14 months. that seems pretty low for wii, then again wii was very supply constrained for more then one holiday.