By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch has sold over 600,000 units in Germany

It seems like Quickrick knew the Switch would be successful. He believed that the Switch is a sign of Nintendo coming back!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
It seems like Quickrick knew the Switch would be successful. He believed that the Switch is a sign of Nintendo coming back!

I  thought it would do around 50 million early on, now 3ds numbers are a lock.

quickrick said:
Jranation said:

Thats a great prediction. People thought it would be another Wii U, and im like "What da". There were sooo many reasons why it would be successful. A march release, Zelda, its also a handheld, 3DS slowing down

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
quickrick said:

Thats a great prediction. People thought it would be another Wii U, and im like "What da". There were sooo many reasons why it would be successful. A march release, Zelda, its also a handheld, 3DS slowing down

And then there is Ryng Tolu who predicted 15 million for the first year in January 2017.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Jranation said:

And then there is Ryng Tolu who predicted 15 million for the first year in January 2017.

your future prediction will look pretty silly though ;) was too bullish when there are no signs of sales exploding.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

your future prediction will look pretty silly though ;) was too bullish when there are no signs of sales exploding.

We'll see about that :p

Ryng_Tolu said:
quickrick said:

We'll see about that :p

Lmao, can't wait for jan NPD. i could see why it would outsell 3ds first year, with it being nintendo next console, and handheld, and out of this world line up for 2017, but i'm not seeing why it should start exploding in sales in 2018. if it was it should have for september, ocotober, and november, and in those months it was doing regular ps4/xb1 numbers with pent up demand and mario.

Last edited by quickrick - on 19 January 2018

dx11332sega said:
Did the wii u atleast sell that many in first 2 years ?

Wii U has sold 750,000 by August 2016. Lifetime are most likely under 800K, Wii U sold like crap after 2015.

quickrick said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Sure there are.

1. Has yet to recieve a price cut, $199 in 2019 could be huge.

2. Their biggest IP, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, 2D Mario, have yet to release.

3. Nintendo Labo looks like it could be the next huge kid/family/casual hit.

20+ million in 2018 & 2019 each is very possible which would put it around your lifetime number in just 3 years.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

As for December 2th, the count here is 660,916 units. So it might be today close to 1 millions in Germany.