By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Labo-ratory: VGC OFFICIAL Labo Thread (Vehicle Kit out now)

thismeintiel said:

Looks kinds interesting. I can see these getting ruined relatively easy, given their cardboard construction.  I can't see parents wanting to continually replace them.

axumblade said:
Interesting concept. I'm sure kids will absolutely love it...until they get papercuts from the cardboard and their parents end up suing Nintendo.

Lol, I could see that happening.

Only in the US though.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
KLXVER said:

and the word "Kids" are probably being said a lot. Not sure if this is a good thing for people on the fence about the Switch.

Who cares?! It’s not like the Switch was having problems selling.

True. Its just a bit confusing. Nintendo seemed to work hard on getting rid of the kiddy image. With their commercials featuring young adults. Them asking third party developers for more mature games. The sleek design of the Switch.

Its just weird that they would draw attention to this game of all games.

You know what's going to be crazy? The internet is full of some crazy artists. Really talented ones. You're going to see some pretty amazing paint jobs on some of these, and many you'll swear are made from plastic or 3D printed. People who make these paint jobs or do really cool coloring jobs on their Toy-Cons will post them on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc, and they will market the crap out of these gadgets. Nintendo always loves it best when the players become ambassadors for their products and I truly believe this won't be an exception.

super_etecoon said:
You know what's going to be crazy? The internet is full of some crazy artists. Really talented ones. You're going to see some pretty amazing paint jobs on some of these, and many you'll swear are made from plastic or 3D printed. People who make these paint jobs or do really cool coloring jobs on their Toy-Cons will post them on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc, and they will market the crap out of these gadgets. Nintendo always loves it best when the players become ambassadors for their products and I truly believe this won't be an exception.

Also Nintendo will make money on the YouTube videos these artists post.

KLXVER said:
Errorist76 said:

True. Its just a bit confusing. Nintendo seemed to work hard on getting rid of the kiddy image. With their commercials featuring young adults. Them asking third party developers for more mature games. The sleek design of the Switch.

They don't draw attention. It's just - everything they do is under a microscope.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Looks interesting. The pricing is a little high though. Maybe nintendo is on to something here?

Mnementh said:
KLXVER said:

They don't draw attention. It's just - everything they do is under a microscope.

Fair enough.

As long as they are dirt cheap, kids will like it I guess. Not for me...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Neat idea but I worry about the durability of the cardboard.

KLXVER said:
Errorist76 said:

First impressions are important.  They wanted to make sure that "mature" gamers had a good first impression of it.  Then, once they were already on board, you do kids stuff.