By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA stocks are on the rise again, did all the outrage actually matter?

Internet outrage is usually complete bollocks.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
morenoingrato said:

Does this have to do anything with the stocks? No, it does not.

You just needed to find a way to make the worst post in the thread again.

My post addressed a potential reason why EA's stock is back on the rise, yours added nothing...maybe its your post that is the worst?  I mean if you want me to spell it out for you...

FIFA 18 is far exceeding what was sold on the Wii U 

Wow such achievement

OP here's the thread about the stock fall

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=233234&page=1

Last edited by 160rmf - on 16 January 2018

We reap what we sow

As I mentioned a few minutes ago in a comment against COD and its never-ending popularity. The sheep outnumber the intellects 10:1. You can bash your head against the wall, call the FBI... scream bloody murder to anyone within earshot. It won't matter. Evolution has its own plans lol.

COKTOE said:
I'll never buy anything from EA again, even from the discount bin, and there's a small number of like minded people out there. There are so many great games from more scrupulous companies. It's far from an actual sacrifice, just an easy-to-make decision. I'm not surprised there's been no real change in consumer habits after the fallout. In 2014, it was revealed Subway was feeding it's customers bread "with a side of chemicals said to be used in yoga mats and shoe soles." A substance called azodicarbonamide. For years. To, and I quote: " Make their bread 'More bread like'. A massive betrayal of consumer trust. Yet people still line up like drones for Subway sandwiches, even in a food court environment, where there are dozens of other options, because *shrugs shoulders*. I haven't been back since, and never will be. Fuck EA, fuck Activision, and fuck Subway.

I know this is off-topic but why does the use of chemical compounds that are applicable beyond just being a food additive gross you out so much ? 

Food dyes are used in cosmetics/cleaning products, butylated hydroxyanisole are used in rubber, propyl gallate can be used in adhesives, TBHQ is found in potato or other processed foods yet it's also used for varnish and there's silicon dioxide which is just straight up sand that we consume in powdered foods ... 

fatslob-:O said:
COKTOE said:
I'll never buy anything from EA again, even from the discount bin, and there's a small number of like minded people out there. There are so many great games from more scrupulous companies. It's far from an actual sacrifice, just an easy-to-make decision. I'm not surprised there's been no real change in consumer habits after the fallout. In 2014, it was revealed Subway was feeding it's customers bread "with a side of chemicals said to be used in yoga mats and shoe soles." A substance called azodicarbonamide. For years. To, and I quote: " Make their bread 'More bread like'. A massive betrayal of consumer trust. Yet people still line up like drones for Subway sandwiches, even in a food court environment, where there are dozens of other options, because *shrugs shoulders*. I haven't been back since, and never will be. Fuck EA, fuck Activision, and fuck Subway.

I know this is off-topic but why does the use of chemical compounds that are applicable beyond just being a food additive gross you out so much ? 

Food dyes are used in cosmetics/cleaning products, butylated hydroxyanisole are used in rubber, propyl gallate can be used in adhesives, TBHQ is found in potato or other processed foods yet it's also used for varnish and there's silicon dioxide which is just straight up sand that we consume in powdered foods ... 

The ingredient in question, azodicarbonamide ,poses potential health risks, not only in and of itself, but in two of the substances created in it's breakdown, urethane, and semicarbazide. The use of azodicarbonimide as a food additive has been banned in most of the world, with Canada and the U.S. being 2 exceptions among only 5 that still allow it's use. I would rather such an additive not be present in the food I eat, and avoid it, along with stuff like BHT whenever possible, which is most of the time. It doesn't freak me out to the point where I couldn't eat food that contained it though. It's a lazy answer to a fairly complex issue, but I hope that will do.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 17 January 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
fatslob-:O said:

The ingredient in question azodicarbonamide, poses potential health risks, not only in and of itself, but in two of the substances created in it's breakdown, urethane, and semicarbazide. The use of azodicarbonamide as a food additive has been banned in the most of the world, with Canada and the U.S. being 2 exceptions among only 5 that still allow it's use. I would rather such additive not be present in the food I eat, and avoid it, along with stuff like BHT whenever possible, which is most of the time. It doesn't freak me out to the point where I COULDN'T eat food that contained it though. It's a lazy answer to a fairly complex issue, but I hope that will do.

There is always the chance that this specific poison counters other poisons in your food. Are you willing to take that risk?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
COKTOE said:

The ingredient in question azodicarbonamide, poses potential health risks, not only in and of itself, but in two of the substances created in it's breakdown, urethane, and semicarbazide. The use of azodicarbonamide as a food additive has been banned in the most of the world, with Canada and the U.S. being 2 exceptions among only 5 that still allow it's use. I would rather such additive not be present in the food I eat, and avoid it, along with stuff like BHT whenever possible, which is most of the time. It doesn't freak me out to the point where I COULDN'T eat food that contained it though. It's a lazy answer to a fairly complex issue, but I hope that will do.

There is always the chance that this specific poison counters other poisons in your food. Are you willing to take that risk?

I'm more concerned with the font in the post to the point that I re-typed it out. The only thing I copied and pasted was azodicarbonamide, yet it's peppered with different sized words throughout. As to your question: I never thought about that! I'll have to hunker down with a pack of cigarettes and some vodka and do some research on poisons counteracting other poisons.

The font thing happened again. Hmm.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

If EA removed the loot boxes, then wasn't that "mission accomplished"?

I do not like EA and I have not bought any of their games for about 6 years -but that's more apathy than rigteous indignation.  If EA had the only Dirk Gently game on the market and it was supposed tombe good, I'd buy it.