By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA stocks are on the rise again, did all the outrage actually matter?

It's not like Outrage can make a company this big go bankrupt all of a sudden, the stock has to rise again at some point

Around the Network

Ill weeds grow apace.

In its present form battlefront 2 is an absolutely epic game. Both online and offline

Teeqoz said:
numberwang said:

The are still below the mid 2017 levels, very disappointing considering the record growth of stocks since the last election.

It's 1 year return is over 40%, above both the Nasdaq composite index (31%) and the S&P 500 (23%). While it is less than other prominent videogame publishers have gained in the same period, it's hardly dissapointing.

'on the rise again'

numberwang said:
Teeqoz said:

It's 1 year return is over 40%, above both the Nasdaq composite index (31%) and the S&P 500 (23%). While it is less than other prominent videogame publishers have gained in the same period, it's hardly dissapointing.

'on the rise again'

I don't see how this negates my point - the stock has performed very well, both since the presidential election (the period you mention) and with a longer time perspective like 5 years, in which it is up over 600%...

But if by dissapointing you mean "unable to continually provide the continued compound annual growth rate of 95% that in demonstrated in the first half of 2017", then yes, it's pretty dissapointing.

Around the Network

People's memories are short.

To use an extreme example, does anyone talk about the Vegas shooting anymore?

No. No one has to live with it. Don't be a mindless sheep, but rather vote with your wallet.

I'll never buy anything from EA again, even from the discount bin, and there's a small number of like minded people out there. There are so many great games from more scrupulous companies. It's far from an actual sacrifice, just an easy-to-make decision. I'm not surprised there's been no real change in consumer habits after the fallout. In 2014, it was revealed Subway was feeding it's customers bread "with a side of chemicals said to be used in yoga mats and shoe soles." A substance called azodicarbonamide. For years. To, and I quote: " Make their bread 'More bread like'. A massive betrayal of consumer trust. Yet people still line up like drones for Subway sandwiches, even in a food court environment, where there are dozens of other options, because *shrugs shoulders*. I haven't been back since, and never will be. Fuck EA, fuck Activision, and fuck Subway.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Teeqoz said:
numberwang said:

'on the rise again'

I don't see how this negates my point - the stock has performed very well, both since the presidential election (the period you mention) and with a longer time perspective like 5 years, in which it is up over 600%...

But if by dissapointing you mean "unable to continually provide the continued compound annual growth rate of 95% that in demonstrated in the first half of 2017", then yes, it's pretty dissapointing.

How did it develop since the release of SWBF2?

Train wreck said:

With switch owners buying watered down ports (due to the bad taste the Wii U left and having ammo for list wars) it means that the likes of EA can make games for it on the cheap to fund their projects for PS4/Xbox1 and PC so they have a crutch on revenue from the new system and have growth on their new AAA projects. win/win

Does this have to do anything with the stocks? No, it does not.

You just needed to find a way to make the worst post in the thread again.