By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA stocks are on the rise again, did all the outrage actually matter?

No, of course not.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network

Stocks are based on future predictions. Once something “has already happened”, the stock price already takes it into account.

Otherwise it’d be easy to make money!

Alright guys, admit it!

Who bought SWBF2?

The outrage was only superficial anyway. People just needed a reason to shit on EA again. If anyone actually cared about lootboxes and microtransactions the outrage would've started much sooner and not necessarily with EA.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Not surprising.

Gaming forums are rarely an indication of performance and sales.

If that was the case Call of Duty titles would sell less than a million and titles like HZD and Cuphead would sell 20+ million (as it should be).

I bought SWB2. It is a fun title and it is not like we have many Star Wars options currently.

Around the Network

The are still below the mid 2017 levels, very disappointing considering the record growth of stocks since the last election.

TheTruthHurts! said:
Not surprising.

If that was the case Call of Duty titles would sell less than a million and titles like HZD and Cuphead would sell 20+ million (as it should be).

I bought SWB2. It is a fun title and it is not like we have many Star Wars options currently.

Well, BF2 actually did perform quite poorly saleswise, so that's not the explanation. The more likely explanation is that the small fall in the stock price was largely disconnected from the lootbox debacle entirely, and was just a pullback after hitting all-time highs.

TheTruthHurts! said:
Not surprising.

With switch owners buying watered down ports (due to the bad taste the Wii U left and having ammo for list wars) it means that the likes of EA can make games for it on the cheap to fund their projects for PS4/Xbox1 and PC so they have a crutch on revenue from the new system and have growth on their new AAA projects. win/win

numberwang said:

The are still below the mid 2017 levels, very disappointing considering the record growth of stocks since the last election.

It's 1 year return is over 40%, above both the Nasdaq composite index (31%) and the S&P 500 (23%). While it is less than other prominent videogame publishers have gained in the same period, it's hardly dissapointing.