By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport Black Friday Mumbo Jumbo

Taking all VGC by surprise GTS managed to get into the Top 10 (1 position shy of best 5) on November 25th, with over 500k sales at retail.

Its LTD including digital shall be around 2.5M, against all odds and hate.

Hooray GTS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Not as bad as it could have went. Still confident in this title though. Polyphony is making a power play to make this the defacto legitimate and respected home of virtal racing.

We know Pikes Peak is coming, with a massive GT marketing deal. They have already announced Super GT. 50 More cars are coming by the end or March, and we will get new tracks as well. Kaz has stated that all content and updates will be free, and we can expect 600 or more cars, and many more tracks, because this is a full GT title.

I believe Sony will continue to push GTS at every event for the next few years with major updates. All said and done I still believe GTS will end up being the highest selling GT of all time. I think it will be aided by the electric super car boom coming over the next few years that will spark massive interest in cars and racing.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Not as bad as it could have went. Still confident in this title though. Polyphony is making a power play to make this the defacto legitimate and respected home of virtal racing.

We know Pikes Peak is coming, with a massive GT marketing deal. They have already announced Super GT. 50 More cars are coming by the end or March, and we will get new tracks as well. Kaz has stated that all content and updates will be free, and we can expect 600 or more cars, and many more tracks, because this is a full GT title.

I believe Sony will continue to push GTS at every event for the next few years with major updates. All said and done I still believe GTS will end up being the highest selling GT of all time. I think it will be aided by the electric super car boom coming over the next few years that will spark massive interest in cars and racing.

yeah, it will finally be complete just in time for them to sell it all again in the PS5 launch window

celador said:
KBG29 said:

yeah, it will finally be complete just in time for them to sell it all again in the PS5 launch window

I wouldn't say complete. Cars and Racing are constantly evolving.

I am very curious to see how they play things going forward. I think GTS will turn into a service at some point. If they release a GTS2 then it goes against the idea that GTS is Virtual racing. Would basically be like MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, PGA, etc. rebranding as MLB2 or WWE2. If they are aiming for respect and legitimacy, then it needs to be GTS from here on out. How they make it work, I don't know yet.

What I do know is they have built an absolute utopia for automotive and racing nuts. Now they just need to continue to expand it. Now that they have a fresh foundation for the first time since 1999, they should be set to continue to expand for for the next few generations. I don't see a rest happening again until PS7 at the earliest. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

axumblade said:
I don't get how this is an "against all odds" thing. Gran Turismo is Sony's best selling franchise in sales by far.

It got a lot of bad reviews and complains.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

For a glorified prologue it did excellent. I'm hyped about gt7. Could even be a ps5 launch title at this point.

axumblade said:
I don't get how this is an "against all odds" thing. Gran Turismo is Sony's best selling franchise in sales by far.

Was the best selling, that was a long time ago.  Uncharted and Tlou have doubled the sales of the last GT game.  It might realistically drop out of the top 5 seller for sony.

The reception for the game was one of the worsts for sony 1st party in a long time, lowest reviewed GT ever and by far the most hated GT ever for the franchise with half the fanbase openly shitting on it on gtplanet.   Even now it still looks like its selling less in US and Japan then the lowest selling GT6 did.  

They cut the price to 1/3rd in europe in its first month to save sales, clearly worked well.

But Gtport still is the Halo5 or near Mass Effect Andromeda of the franchise, it will never match the stunning sales past games did.  

wings said:
axumblade said:

Was the best selling, that was a long time ago.  Uncharted and Tlou have doubled the sales of the last GT game.  It might realistically drop out of the top 5 seller for sony.

The reception for the game was one of the worsts for sony 1st party in a long time, lowest reviewed GT ever and by far the most hated GT ever for the franchise with half the fanbase openly shitting on it on gtplanet.   Even now it still looks like its selling less in US and Japan then the lowest selling GT6 did.  

They cut the price to 1/3rd in europe in its first month to save sales, clearly worked well.

But Gtport still is the Halo5 or near Mass Effect Andromeda of the franchise, it will never match the stunning sales past games did.  

It’s easily at 3.5 Million to date and will have huge legs. I wouldn’t even say it‘s unlikely it will reach GT5 numbers.

That said I see you’ve reactivated your account. In for a third try?

Errorist76 said:
wings said:

It’s easily at 3.5 Million to date and will have huge legs. I wouldn’t even say it‘s unlikely it will reach GT5 numbers.

You seem to have a serious issue with anyone having a difference of opinion then you.  

Care to explain, why does it bother you so much.

its called freedom of speech.  

wings said:
Errorist76 said:

You seem to have a serious issue with anyone having a difference of opinion then you.  

Care to explain, why does it bother you so much.

its called freedom of speech.  

It only bothers me because you seem to have created this account only for a certain reason, which has already been acknowledged by this site several times already. It must be dear to your heart to do that. Just don’t complain about the consequences if it happens again.