By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport Black Friday Mumbo Jumbo

DonFerrari said:

Taking all VGC by surprise GTS managed to get into the Top 10 (1 position shy of best 5) on November 25th, with over 500k sales at retail.

Its LTD including digital shall be around 2.5M, against all odds and hate.

Hooray GTS.

So when are you going to start playing the sport section?!

Despite there still being bad drivers online, it is the most fun and exciting racing game to play. Most people try to drive fair and once you know what battles to pick and what to stay away from the game becomes very addictive. I'm currently sitting at 870 GT Sport races, 96 wins, yet fighting for 17th place can be just as exciting as fighting for first. More copies sold has improved match making, closer races now happen more frequently.

I crossed the 40k km driven today, 40,632km to be exact in 264hr drive time. It's just so easy to jump in an online race.

And no, GTPlanet is quite positive over GTS. Sure, the penalty system needs work, and there are daily complaints of bad drivers. Yet compared to other online racing games it's already so much better. Plus it's more fun to race against 12 to 20 humans instead of AI or a mismatched lobby with only 6 people actually racing. I see I already posted 260 times on GTPlanet since signing up, lot of valuable information on there.

The progress tracker is a nice touch, my rocky journey online http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1495257
I manipulated my rankings a couple times to complete the win achievement / trophy and to see what races are like at different DR/SR combinations.

Great game. I'll keep playing it until Wipeout VR comes out, then it's time for a break.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Compared to Prologue it launched with significantly more content and will probably be supported for a long period.

GT Sport its a much bigger endeavor than Prologue but it also lacks the content to be called "Gran Turismo 7."

I'm thinking this will be the only GT release for PS4 or GT7 will be cross plat/cross play. I assume they're making assets for more powerful hardware as well, most notably higher quality textures.

If they are smart GT7 will either be a ps5 year 1 title or a ps5/ps4 title. Exclusive will push major hardware year 1 but cross plat will drive higher overall revenue and still push the ps5 at the same time. 

If they essentially use the game and assets built for PS4 and put it on PS5, it might as well be cross plat and it would be more profitable.

This would also be the first time a GT game was on a newer platform it wasn't built specifically for.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:
For a glorified prologue it did excellent. I'm hyped about gt7. Could even be a ps5 launch title at this point.

You've said that multiple times but Sony said this is the successor and its getting significant content added.

Its not a Prologue, it just launched with little content.

With that said, I'm waiting for updates and maybe a $20 price tag before I get a copy.

It have had some promotions that put the price near the 20 in some places.

But on content they are still adding, and there is a patch incoming for more... so perhaps it will already have content you think is worth.

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

Hence why I say glorified prologue. They beefed it up a little more then usual so they could charge €60 at launch and €30/40 in promotions. Smart move revenue wise. 

Compared to Prologue it launched with significantly more content and will probably be supported for a long period.

GT Sport its a much bigger endeavor than Prologue but it also lacks the content to be called "Gran Turismo 7."

I'm thinking this will be the only GT release for PS4 or GT7 will be cross plat/cross play. I assume they're making assets for more powerful hardware as well, most notably higher quality textures.

They have the higher poly count model, higher texture, color pallet that exceeds HDR10, etc... so they are making the engine for PS5 while launching on PS4.

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

Taking all VGC by surprise GTS managed to get into the Top 10 (1 position shy of best 5) on November 25th, with over 500k sales at retail.

Its LTD including digital shall be around 2.5M, against all odds and hate.

Hooray GTS.

So when are you going to start playing the sport section?!

Despite there still being bad drivers online, it is the most fun and exciting racing game to play. Most people try to drive fair and once you know what battles to pick and what to stay away from the game becomes very addictive. I'm currently sitting at 870 GT Sport races, 96 wins, yet fighting for 17th place can be just as exciting as fighting for first. More copies sold has improved match making, closer races now happen more frequently.

I crossed the 40k km driven today, 40,632km to be exact in 264hr drive time. It's just so easy to jump in an online race.

And no, GTPlanet is quite positive over GTS. Sure, the penalty system needs work, and there are daily complaints of bad drivers. Yet compared to other online racing games it's already so much better. Plus it's more fun to race against 12 to 20 humans instead of AI or a mismatched lobby with only 6 people actually racing. I see I already posted 260 times on GTPlanet since signing up, lot of valuable information on there.

The progress tracker is a nice touch, my rocky journey online http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1495257
I manipulated my rankings a couple times to complete the win achievement / trophy and to see what races are like at different DR/SR combinations.

Great game. I'll keep playing it until Wipeout VR comes out, then it's time for a break.

I have played a lot of the Sport section (even thought it isn't my favorite).

I need to put my wheel on the room again to drive some more.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

If they are smart GT7 will either be a ps5 year 1 title or a ps5/ps4 title. Exclusive will push major hardware year 1 but cross plat will drive higher overall revenue and still push the ps5 at the same time. 

If they essentially use the game and assets built for PS4 and put it on PS5, it might as well be cross plat and it would be more profitable.

This would also be the first time a GT game was on a newer platform it wasn't built specifically for.

Nah the current game assets are made with a more powerful machine in mind so they don't have to start from scratch when next gen arrives. Gt7 on ps5 in native 4k and 60fps would be basically photo realistic.