By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Mario Kart Wii review

bigjon said:
I have put down about 15 dollars on my preorder... I can't wait for this baby!!!

I have always loved MK, I am glad to here that it "feels" faster, that was my biggest compaint with DD, well besides the steering was too loose.

Question, is the streering tight like SMK and MKDS, or really loose like MK64 and DD?

It depends. The Whiil is absolutely too loose, I don't feel like I have total control. I switched to Classic Controller and the controls are definitely better (tighter) than DD (sorry, 64 is too long ago for me to remember).

For anyone that bashes the graphics without even having played it: It is by far superior to the Gamecube version. It could have been better though. I wish Nintendo would release screens from Moonview Highway, because that one has absolutely stunning lighting.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Killy_Vorkosigan said:
U can unlock your Mii as a playable character, even in online. My Mii has access to light car, i don't know if the type of cars u can use depends on the size of your character ^^ that should be fun to know

Online multiplayer is awesome, with no lag at all. Very fun and addictive. I really don't like the thunder item. Mini motos are a good alternative to the karts.

When I unlocked my Mii as playable character, it said "Outfit A". Didn't get any other outfit yet, but I can only choose from middle weight vehicles.

Depends on the size of the Mii

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

This game sounds great. I won't be playing until May 2 because I am running a training all week. But I will get the game as soon as I can.

By the way, does anyone know why Edge Magazine gave the game a 6.0?

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Here's my review for the game:

Graphics - 7

Functional and colourful, but not the best seen so far on the Wii.

Gameplay - 8

Toned down and simplified for the Wii casual crowd, but still fun. The tricks are pretty mediocre and require little skill to pull off. As long as you don't expect any innovations or, indeed, anything new you should enjoy it.

Sound - 6

Voice acting becomes grating very quickly. Music is pretty good but nothing to shout about compared to other Nintendo games.

Lifespan - 7

Probably the best executed online game in terms of stability on the Wii, but with the removal of snaking I find it hard to believe hardcore players will be playing a few months down the line. The single player lacks in depth slightly.

Overall - 7/10.

Supposed said:
As long as you don't expect any innovations or, indeed, anything new you should enjoy it.

?????

Did I miss the previous instalments of MK which included motion controls??

Around the Network

With motion controls, bikes and online, I don't see how they could've innovated much more. It's a racing game. there's only so many ways to make a car go in a circle.

Supposed.... nevermind.... thankyou for the review...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

It's just my opinion, take it or leave it. I enjoyed the game but didn't feel it was as good as some of you make it out to be.

does anyone know all the playable characters?? if so can u send me pix thanx!!!!!

I WILL KICK YOUR @$$ INB BRAWL AS ANYONE

Supposed said:

Lifespan - 7

Probably the best executed online game in terms of stability on the Wii, but with the removal of snaking I find it hard to believe hardcore players will be playing a few months down the line. The single player lacks in depth slightly.

For me, snaking is what killed Mario Kart DS online, I stopped playing it because their was no challenge, I was always winning by extremely large margins.  MK Wii will probably be the first game that I actually play online for more than 3 months, with the exception of Tetris DS