By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Mario Kart Wii review

Great news guys! I was a bit down in the dumps on the game due to IGN's presentation of it. I just don't get why they were saying so many features didn't exist in the game yet from everything I've seen and read it all does..? What version of the game did Nintendo send those guys?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Is the voice acting and music any worse thand Double Dash?

Sounds like IGN got a gimped demo version.

I cannot wait to get this. I have to play SSBB for a few hours to calm down.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Ok, i got the game and i love it.

One thing though... are the character models worse than those of DD?? They look damn ugly. (the rest of the game is gorgeous though)

Onimusha12 said:

Is the voice acting and music any worse thand Double Dash?

Sounds like IGN got a gimped demo version.

In my opinion, yes it is. Very much. I can't remember a single piece of music that actually stood out, and it's all very dull. Even the old tracks (from the retro courses) seem to sound less forceful, though that might just be my mind playing tricks. The voice acting is terrible, especially DK - he's somehow got an actual voice now, and it's way too gay to be true.

@amp316: stop that... I'm having the exact same thing vice versa.

@kermdfrag: that Wheel problem is pretty strange... haven't noticed it at all. No offense, but maybe you're steering a bit too enthusiastically? If you just keep it down a little, you shouldn't encounter any problems at all. 

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

Oh well, all will be seen when it comes out stateside.

You can't deny it is FUGLY.

Well, as long as the whiiL works well, I might consider.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

anyone have screenshots to confirm the fugliness

It's been said on several reviews that it looks better than Double Dash, and that was a pretty game.

It has bloom, dynamic lights, soft shadows and a very huge draw distance... you can basically see all the course if you are in a high place... all running at 60FPS.

Fernando said:

It's been said on several reviews that it looks better than Double Dash, and that was a pretty game.

It has bloom, dynamic lights, soft shadows and a very huge draw distance... you can basically see all the course if you are in a high place... all running at 60FPS.

I think I'm in love. *droool*

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!