By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Mario Kart Wii review

Looks nice, guess all that remains now is to take the bullet from voice acting.

Around the Network

Chrizum, you give it a 9.3?!

I don't get it. What's so great about it? Is it all the fanwankery? Is there a sub-space emissions test that unlocks David Hasselhoff? Do get to get to use the Wiimote like a gas pump to fill up your gas tank or some other added on shlock. It's not like it's real a racing game. Knowing Nintendo the online is probably horrible. Fervent forethought and analysis would probably make any one that's not just a Nintendo fan agree that it's not really a racing game like Forza or GT, it's just more of the Nintendo "WOW, dem sum brite purtee kulers!" kiddy stuff, right?

I mean, how can you take Kart seriously as a driving game when you control it with a steering wheel? That is such a gimmick, a driving game that uses a steering wheel. Why didn't they use a standard analog controller? How is someone who's not familiar with racing games going to understand how to use a wheel to steer a vehicle? It's like this games isn't casual (casuals won't understand the wheel), and it's not hardcore (because there is no Krystal). The hentai would have been amazing.

BTW: Do you use the Wiimote to change the oil?

fkusumot said:
Chrizum, you give it a 9.3?!

I don't get it. What's so great about it? Is it all the fanwankery? Is there a sub-space emissions test that unlocks David Hasselhoff? Do get to get to use the Wiimote like a gas pump to fill up your gas tank or some other added on shlock. It's not like it's real a racing game. Knowing Nintendo the online is probably horrible. Fervent forethought and analysis would probably make any one that's not just a Nintendo fan agree that it's not really a racing game like Forza or GT, it's just more of the Nintendo "WOW, dem sum brite purtee kulers!" kiddy stuff, right?

I mean, how can you take Kart seriously as a driving game when you control it with a steering wheel? That is such a gimmick, a driving game that uses a steering wheel. Why didn't they use a standard analog controller? How is someone who's not familiar with racing games going to understand how to use a wheel to steer a vehicle? It's like this games isn't casual (casuals won't understand the wheel), and it's not hardcore (because there is no Krystal). The hentai would have been amazing.

BTW: Do you use the Wiimote to change the oil?

Sarcasm, yes?

Thanks for taking time to write the review. Can't wait for the game.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

The end of April will be good to my gaming time,with both Mario Kart and GTA 4 keeping my Wii and PS3 busy.

by the way,why did they even include a steering wheel with MK?...I´ve been hearing a lot of negative comments on it.

Around the Network

Yes the steering wheel is included. I've only heard a handful of complaints. Most people love it.

JGarret said:
The end of April will be good to my gaming time,with both Mario Kart and GTA 4 keeping my Wii and PS3 busy.

by the way,why did they even include a steering wheel with MK?...I´ve been hearing a lot of negative comments on it.

Well, because it's cool and it works. So far I've heard very few complaints, most people love the Wheel (and so do I).

I drink your milkshake.

shrimpy_boy11 said:
well thats good to know that theres no lag between long distances (between neighbouring countries). But will lag occur between great distances such as America nd Aussie, Aussie nd Europe, Japan nd Europe etc etc???

They said there was no lag in a Europe-Japan match, so i've great hopes with this game

Nice, i'm looking forward to this game, thanks for the review.

I don't know how i will be able to keepanother month, in March i bought MP3, SSBB, Sonic & secret rings, Geometry Wars and Mercury Meltdown [the last 3 was having a price drop so i can't avoid the temptation]

I've my MKwii preorder....but still i want to buy Okami, and PES2008... And still i don't know anything about July and beyond

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

I think this game is pretty good. Since I haven't had *that* much time with it, i'll just give some impressions.

- Really good variety of levels from mario kart games
- The implementation of your Miis into different levels is humorous and makes for fun multiplayer (in the shopping mall level they are driving cars that can block your path)
- It has the pick up and play factor to it that few good racing games do

- some awesome power-ups. Especially like the bomb, growth mushroom and golden mushroom

some negative points
- They broke battle mode. Unless I'm missing something, they force you to play on a team with a bunch of NPCs and once you lose all your 3 balloons you get more balloons and keep going. It's score based instead of elimination based. They should of added a "classic" mode. (Maybe it's unlockable?)
- I hate the menus. Would it kill them to make some better menus (and less cumbersome) that got you into the feel of the game, instead of feeling like they were added at the last minute?
- Feels somewhat rushed together. After games like Galaxy, MP3 and Zelda I guess there's a level of polish I expect from nintendo games, and this doesn't quite live up to that.

Another thing I don't get, since Bowser keeps being a dick by kidnapping Peach, why do they invite him to go karting? Seems like they should cut him off.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:

Another thing I don't get, since Bowser keeps being a dick by kidnapping Peach, why do they invite him to go karting? Seems like they should cut him off.

Because if they didn't invite him he would continue attempting to kidnap her thereby ruining their playdays.