By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Mario Kart Wii review

ZenfoldorVGI said:
fkusumot said:
9.3?!
I don't get it. What's so great about it? Is it all the fanwankery? Is there a sub-space emissions test that unlocks David Hasselhoff? It's not like it's really a racing game. I mean, it's not really a racing game like Forza or GT, it's just more of the Nintendo "WOW, dem sum brite purtee kulers!" kiddy stuff, right? I mean, how can you take it seriously as a driving game when you control it with a steering wheel?

What are you, trolling? That's a pretty dumb comment if you're serious.

As a gamer, you should first learn that the premise of a game means nothing when compared to its execution.

You're not a child, I assume. Don't act like one because we're on the internet, please.

Dude. It's fkusumot. Come on. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

I don't want to burst your bubbles, but it does not deserve 9 on both graphics and sound. Graphics are of a good GC-level. The music is totally unimpressive, far worse than the previous versions, and character voices are, well, gay. However, don't worry - gameplay and lasting appeal are definitely worth their marks, and the game is still a lot of fun to play - just don't expect it to be an aesthetical masterpiece or anything.
I'd give it an 8.5/10.

I drink your milkshake.

T013 said:
I don't want to burst your bubbles, but it does not deserve 9 on both graphics and sound. Graphics are of a good GC-level. The music is totally unimpressive, far worse than the previous versions, and character voices are, well, gay. However, don't worry - gameplay and lasting appeal are definitely worth their marks, and the game is still a lot of fun to play - just don't expect it to be an aesthetical masterpiece or anything.
I'd give it an 8.5/10.
  Good ol' subjectivity. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

very good review..thanks

well thats good to know that theres no lag between long distances (between neighbouring countries). But will lag occur between great distances such as America nd Aussie, Aussie nd Europe, Japan nd Europe etc etc???

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Around the Network
T013 said:
I'd give it an 8.5/10.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH

damn this game sound like a MIDI file...      with gay voices...    

Why they didn't make good soungs like SSBB???

www.cuidar.com.br

Some of my impressions:

Graphics
Compared to games like Metroid3 and Super Mario Galaxy this is a sub-par delivery from Nintendo. Still it is better than I expected after reading the previews. Graphics are very clean, course design is awesome but the character models are not good. I tried Donkey Kong on a motorbike and it was annoying to look at.
No framedrops or lag anywhere.

Wii Wheel
I don't know yet. It's too loose for my taste. For the motorbikes it actually works quite well, since tilting will make you go flat through corners. For the karts it's no recommendation.

AMAZING. Everything works flawlessly. Within a minute you're in a race. I've done several 12 player matches with 8 Europeans and 4 Japanese players. NO lag at all. Pure mayhem.
This makes the package a must have for every Wii owner. Mario Kart must be the best game to play online ever.

Content
Nintendo outdone itself here. 32 courses, lots of characters, lots of vehicles. Definitely a more complete package than any previous console MK. The old courses are brilliant, although I must say they picked the worst GC courses (Peach Beach meh). The SNES ones are an absolute deja vu.
50 cc is too slow, 100 cc is ok but the 150 cc absolutely has that fast MK experience. Most gamers will play 150 cc most of the time anyway, so that's hardly a problem.

All in all a very addictive, very good and very complete experience. If they would have excelled at the graphics like they did in Metroid and SMG it would have been perfect.

Been playing since 10/04 and i have to say its pretty good, not great cos it has some issues namely:

1 - Being first in GP mode is a recipe for disaster, you will be happily leading coming into the final corner when BAM all hell breaks loose and you are hit with red & blue shells, lightning anything in fact to slow you down, i went from 1st to last in no time at all if i hadn't have tied my strap to my arm i would have thrown the wheel at my tv and thats the next problem.

2 - The wheel is overly sensitive for some reason if you turn a little bit too much to the right you end up steering to the left, its very off putting so i decided to go back to a gamecube controller and problem solved, but the wheel makes a great frisbee so no waste there

3 - Multiplayer has been butchered, no longer can you play with your mates in one on one combat where you defend your last balloon with your life, now you collect points - GREAT

These are the main problems i have found so far, but all in all i am still enjoying it, especially the online races, time trials and being able to download the best lap ghosts and racing against them 

I would give it  8/10 

so is it out in Japan or something?

Onimusha: how else would I be playing Japanese people online?

It sold 300.000 units day 1.