By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Vita has all of the features you wish the Nintendo Switch had.

A lot of these could potentially be fixed, but not having Bluetooth speaker connection is pretty disappointing

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Oh wow, a Vita topic that isn't the official thread on VGC. How retro.

Backwards-compatible library of games is the thing that's most impressed me on Vita. Replaying PS1 classics and discovering PSP games for the first time (never owned one) has been brilliant.

If Switch got N64 or Gamecube classics it would push me a lot closer to owning one.

To this day I can't believe you can't send messages to your friends on the Switch. I'm still checking from time to time, convinced I must have missed where the option is hidden.

Signature goes here!

Wright said:
Conina said:

So 5 to 10 hours in one session without recharging ain't enough for you when you are away of your home? Then connect a slim power bank (10 - 15 aH) and you are at 20 - 30 hours. It is just a cable, not more annoying than a headphone cable.

It's not for me, indeed. It's bad enough that my own mobile phone can't even sustain a whole day, I don't understand people who are happy with a 5-hour device. It just means unless you play in very short sessions that you'll have to plug it in once a day, or even more than once. Even without taking it outside home, my 3DS would die after two sessions, forcing me to plug it in - because of the way plugs are in my house, that's incredibly inconvenient. Had to carry the laptop's charger everytime I went to class because my laptop can't last more than 5 hours with medium brightness, and that's just terrible.

So which devices do you play on outside of your home that fit the way you play?

Conina said:

So which devices do you play on outside of your home that fit the way you play?

None. xD

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
d21lewis said:

Everybody hated Nintendo so I loved Nintendo. Now, everybody loves Nintendo so I guess I have to throw some hate their way.

First things first, the only thing that matters when it comes to a gaming console is the games. If a console has the games and the gaming experience that you're satisfied with, everything else is just extra. I could list a dozen features that the Xbox One and WiiU had that the PS4 didn't. It doesn't matter. People wanted the PS4 for its library and power. I can't argue with that.

-The meat of this topic-

The Switch launched in March and it's currently the fastest selling home console in history. I bought mine on day one and I love it! However, there's a list of features that I wish it had. I made a list. Strangely enough, when I look at my list of most wanted features, the PlayStation Vita had almost all of them!

• Bluetooth headphone support?
  • Wallpapers/Themes
  • Built in voice chat
  • Web browser
  • Netflix and other streaming services
  • Folders
  • Lock screen password/PIN
  • Camera
  • Backwards compatibility
  • Downloadable library of old games
  • Cross Console purchases
It's pretty crazy. I mean the Vita launched like five or six years ago and yet the newly released Nintendo Switch can't compare in terms of features. Am I the only one a little bothered by this?

Vita didn't launch with all that and the backwards compatibility is limited to games that you bought digitally on PSP.

And PS1 classics as well, which might be old but it's 100s of games that can you play on it very well (and no need to re-purchase if you had them on PS3/PSP).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The Switch has all the games you wish the Vita had.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

One thing the Switch does have over the Vita though:

Sony support

Affordable memory cards? Strong First party support? Don't get me wrong I love the Vita but the two most important things it doesn't have.

Oh no i can't watch netflix, if only i had 9 other devices to watch it on