By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Vita has all of the features you wish the Nintendo Switch had.

Alkibiádēs said:
hunter_alien said:
Actually the PSP had more features than the Switch has at the moment... just putting it out there.

Switch already has a better library of games than the PSP during its entire lifetime after only 10 months on the market... just putting that out there... 

Lol.. no :)) You obviously havent played a whole lot on a PSP if at all. Otherwise you would know that it had one amazing and varied library. I love my Switch it has a couple of amazing games( SMO is easily my GOTY), but library wise it's still far off from the PSP.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Switch already has a better library of games than the PSP during its entire lifetime after only 10 months on the market... just putting that out there... 

Lol.. no :)) You obviously havent played a whole lot on a PSP if at all. Otherwise you would know that it had one amazing and varied library. I love my Switch it has a couple of amazing games( SMO is easily my GOTY), but library wise it's still far off from the PSP.

I played the MGS game on it, and it was decent, but felt inferior to the home console games, I played the GoW games and I just found them to be boring (although I'm not a hack & slash fan), I played Valkyria Chronicles 2 and the game was good, but again, felt inferior to the one on the PS3, I played the GTA games and they were good, but again inferior to GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.

That's a running theme for me with PSP games.

Switch has one major advantage the PSP never had: the indie boom and the rise of digital gaming. There are so many good indie games out there that make modern consoles far better than older consoles. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
hunter_alien said:

I played the MGS game on it, and it was decent, but felt inferior to the home console games, I played the GoW games and I just found them to be boring (although I'm not a hack & slash fan), I played Valkyria Chronicles 2 and the game was good, but again, felt inferior to the one on the PS3, I played the GTA games and they were good, but again inferior to GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas.

Switch has one major advantage the PSP never had: the indie boom and the rise of digital gaming. There are so many good indie games out there that make modern consoles far better than older consoles. 

I play on every console and my Switch does get more play than the others but I have to say, a lot of the times the Switch version of games is way below the versions on Xbox and PS4...

d21lewis said:
Alkibiádēs said:

I play on every console and my Switch does get more play than the others but I have to say, a lot of the times the Switch version of games is way below the versions on Xbox and PS4...

Not sure what games you're buying then, that horrible wrestling game or what?

My games: 

- Breath of the Wild (exlusive)

- Super Mario Odyssey (exclusive)

- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (exclusive)

- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (exclusive)

- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (exclusive)

- Splatoon 2 (exclusive)

- Shovel Knight (no difference)

- Steamworld Dig 2 (no difference) 

- Sonic Mania (no difference) 

- Steamworld Heist: Ultimate Edition (no difference + free dlc included) 

- Stardew Valley (no difference)

- Skyrim (lower resolution and graphics look a bit less good, but a fair trade-off for portability. It runs quite well on the Switch.)

- Enter the Gungeon (no difference) 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

It's easy to hate Nintendo and their hardware philosophy when you consider that they dare to release a mobile device without bluetooth support. Yeah, the thing I really need with my portable mobile device is more cables.

And don't come with that "battery drain" bullshit. The latest Bluetooth standards basically drain less battery than physically plugged in headphones. And even that isn't enough to make a dent in the effective playtime.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Sony should then just reskin PSVita, include a dock for it to plug on the TV and relaunch it as PlaySwitch Vita.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Alkibiádēs said:
d21lewis said:

Not sure what games you're buying then, that horrible wrestling game or what?

My games: 

- Breath of the Wild (exlusive)

- Super Mario Odyssey (exclusive)

- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (exclusive)

- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (exclusive)

- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (exclusive)

- Splatoon 2 (exclusive)

- Shovel Knight (no difference)

- Steamworld Dig 2 (no difference) 

- Sonic Mania (no difference) 

- Steamworld Heist: Ultimate Edition (no difference + free dlc included) 

- Stardew Valley (no difference)

- Skyrim (lower resolution and graphics look a bit less good, but a fair trade-off for portability. It runs quite well on the Switch.)

- Enter the Gungeon (no difference) 

I own...

Riptide GP: Renegade

NBA Playgrounds (didn't even have online mode for months)

WWE 2K18 (pretty much broken)

Sonic Mania

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2

NBA 2K18 (far inferior to other versions--still good, though)

Fire Emblem Warriors

Resident Evil Revelations 2

ARMS

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Shantae Half Genie Hero

Resident Evil Revelations

Splatoon 2

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Snipperclips

Doom (definitely has shortcomings but still a good game)

Skyrim (no mods)

Super Mario Odyssey

Rayman Legends Definitive Edition

Blaster Master Zero

Fast RMX

Fate/Extella The Umbral Star

Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap

Now, you know!

mysteryman said:
RolStoppable said:
That's not really a revelation. It is known that the Vita failed because it was too good.

And unfortunately, goodness comes at a price.

and price rhymes with rice.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian