By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sales Figures No Longer Hot

Sales Numbers Less Important compared to the last two Generations?

Yes, a lot less important 5 11.36%

Yes, a bit less important 10 22.73%

No, a bit more important now 17 38.64%

No, a lot more important now 12 27.27%

Total:44
robzo100 said:
chakkra said:

Seems to me that your enjoyment of sales discussions is highly tied to Nintendo's performance. 

Besides..   did you miss the November-NPD thread?  Things are certainly  heating up!!

Can't lie, tends to happen as I have Nintendo in my blood. I do appreciate you pointing that out though! For perspective and awareness

lol, you're welcome.  

And stay tuned. I think next year is gonna be a bloodbath between PS4 and Switch fans.

Edit: sorry, I meant THIS year.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
DonFerrari said:
You shouldn't consider yourself the ruler...

The sales haven't got much attention this gen because first they were to late and second it have been obvious within months that PS4 would smack everyone... and when Switch release we got some attention to it because Switch can win in some markets but likely won't beat PS4 WW.

So perhaps you were excited when Wii was winning and now that Sony is dominating you have avoided to look.

Also PS4 dominating is no news since they have done it in 3 of the 4 gens they took part.

When Sony dominates life is boring confirmed. That makes sense, thanks Don.

That is one way to see it.. the other is "console gaming is better when Sony is dominating"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Sales numbers are just as important as before but it's less debated because there's clear cut winner this gen.

CGI-Quality said:
KungKras said:

Switch is not gen 8. It's the first console of gen 9 imo

I use to say the same, but these days, it feels more like Wii U replacement.

I guess the deciding factor is gonna be if it spends more time along the PS4 and Xboxone or the PS5 and the XboxXXX.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
CGI-Quality said:

Well, we still have an overwhelming market leader (PS4). Part of the difference is last time, it wasn't just the Wii that was exciting to talk about. The 360 and PS3's close war was such a fun thing to discuss and see.

This generation is more like the 6th (barring the anomaly that is the Switch). The PS4 is so far ahead of its closest rival (the Xbox One) that such a "battle" isn't worth discussion. So the games are doing much more talking.

Switch is not gen 8. It's the first console of gen 9 imo

This what gen is stuff crap again.

IF a device (switch) spends the most, of its life cycle, competeing against the PS4/XB1, it belongs to the same generation as those devices.

The end.

Around the Network
KungKras said:
CGI-Quality said:

I use to say the same, but these days, it feels more like Wii U replacement.

I guess the deciding factor is gonna be if it spends more time along the PS4 and Xboxone or the PS5 and the XboxXXX.

there's probably a Switch 2.0 ready for the Ps5/Xb2.... that launches like a year after them.

Switch has issues getting multiplat ports, that the PS4/XB1 has because of power issues.
There has to be a new stronger Switch ready for the PS5/XB1, if nintendo care about getting 3rd party.

Well, now that we have the game database up and running again, hopefully we can diversify the appeal and use of the site.

DonFerrari said:
NintendoPie said:

When Sony dominates life is boring confirmed. That makes sense, thanks Don.

That is one way to see it.. the other is "console gaming is better when Sony is dominating"

Its actually funny, Playstation is topping the sales charts and this is the gen where we have the most Game law cases, developer death threats, broken promises, studio closures, pay walls, Micro transactions, Loot boxes, cancellations and contradictory. coincident?

Last edited by Azzanation - on 08 January 2018

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Its actually funny, Playstation is topping the sales charts and this is the gen where we have the most Game law cases, developer death threats, broken promises, studio closures, pay walls, Micro transactions, Loot boxes, cancellations and contradictory. coincident?

Nope, they were all mandated by Sony. Happy?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Nope, they were all mandated by Sony. Happy?

Relax it was just sarcasm. :)