By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Monster Hunter and Dragonball for Xbox aint even in the top 100.

Get the feeling this is gonna be the last year for any major Japanese game on Xbox One.

Around the Network

tag !

animegaming said:
Monster Hunter and Dragonball for Xbox aint even in the top 100.

Get the feeling this is gonna be the last year for any major Japanese game on Xbox One.

Dragon ball sells pretty good on Xbox but monster hunter is unknown. I don’t see it selling very many units on X1. It’s always been a PS/ Nintendo franchise. 

Edit: Amazon is not a good indicator of software sales at all! Don’t read too much into software ranking on amazon. 

Insidb said:
GribbleGrunger said:

You mean January? It's the 2nd ...

Yessir, the January NPD should give us an idea of what baseline sales will look like for 2018: no more gift holidays or sales for quite some time.

Ah, OK, so you were just saying generally that January would give us an idea of the baseline going forward. I thought you were assessing January by the performance so far. I STILL wouldn't consider one month to give us a baseline but I can see where you are coming from now. 

The PS5 Exists. 

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well yeah, but back than you were ignoring couple of points (Amazon sales, insiders infos, fact that Nintendo consoles always have huge boost in December compared to November..) that sugested that Switch will sell much better compared to November, and you were saying that Switch will not pass 1.1m and that PS4 and XB1 will be above Switch, if I am correct.

i thought switch would be around 1.1, but now i'm thinking 1.3. i questioned one insider because his info was not on point last month. i thought ps4 would be above, not sure about xb1. abdiel the best buy guy was way more accurate with his assessment last month. 

quickrick said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Well, well, look who's back pedalling. Care to also change your "Switch falling off a cliff in 2018" prediction as well??

it will remain flat.

So now Switch will be best selling console in December with 1.3m instead "it want pass 1.1m", and from "it fall off the cliff in 2018" to "it will remain flat" (how time goes you will again change your prediction to it will sell better than in 2017. FY). Thats calling back pedalling. :)

Around the Network

PlayStation 4 1TB Star Wars Battlefront II bundle sold out again

IanSolo said:
PlayStation 4 1TB Star Wars Battlefront II bundle sold out again

Wow. If only they could keep up with demand. 

There isn't a PS4 500GB for sale. Will we see a 500GB, maybe bundled with GT Sports, for $200? It looks like Sony is clearing current bundles to launch something.

9 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#06 NS Neon (same)
#10 NS Grey (same)
#24 XB1 Forza (up 3)
#35 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 3)
#38 PS4 Star Wars (down 4)
#61 XB1X (down 2)
#67 PS4 Pro (down 1)
#78 XB1 Minecraft (down 17)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

So, looks like Abdiel not only said that Switch is the winner on best buy, but he also said it won by a solid margin.

Amazon, Benji, and Abdiel all agree Switch won the month by good margin........