By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

I caught myself wondering how much reviews like  metacritic and goty awards have influence in hardware sales specially in the holidays season.

Could it boost a specific hardware sales or the main public doesn't care about it?

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
quickrick said:

Like i said 1 million for xbox and ps4 was a giving, you would have to be insane no to think they would clear a million, especially with those deals and the  X  launch. i just think somebody with numbers, would be able to say ps4  wins comfortably over switch, when it out sold switch by 850k. instead he was saying he's not sure, and it has a realistic chance to win. that makes it seem switch did much much closer then reality. this month it's different if switch wins, he gave good valuable info, especially if it wins by a good a mount.

Why should December be different? he said the same thing of November.

He is saying that according to his info, Switch should win, by a good margin. However, he also said that is intere possible for PS4 or XB1 to win the month. Just like he did in November.

So if let's say Switch sells 2 million and PS4 1 million, i could just say as well "but if Switch outsold PS4 by 1 million then why did he said PS4 had a chance? he should have knew Switch was gonna win anyway"

His point is that he know a percent of marketshare, not all the market NPD track, so he never can't be 100% of something.

what? In november he never said ps4 over switch comfortably, he never said it would surprise if ps4/xb1 didn't come out on top over switch. last month is info was pretty useless. this month he's more direct and clear with switch should win comfortably, and it would really surprise him if the data is wrong

Yeah, you right...

I can even see YouTubers having more weight in the masses choices than the specialized media.

8 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#07 NS Neon (up 1)
#10 NS Grey (same)
#28 XB1 Forza (down 1)
#29 PS4 Star Wars (up 10)
#37 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 5)
#58 XB1X (up 4)
#61 XB1 Minecraft (up 17)
#65 PS4 Pro (up 15)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Last edited by p0isonparadise - on 31 January 2018

Roterfan said:
PS4 is 249$ again and Monster Hunter on rank 19 !

Monster Hunter is climbing fast

Excellent news. 

Around the Network

Switch and its games and accessories are having a great start in 2018!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

GribbleGrunger said:
Insidb said:
This NPD will likely be very informative.

You mean January? It's the 2nd ...

Yessir, the January NPD should give us an idea of what baseline sales will look like for 2018: no more gift holidays or sales for quite some time.

Xbox 1 owners continue to show they don't care about Japanese games.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Pionner said:
Xbox 1 owners continue to show they don't care about Japanese games.

Yeah, the PS4 will unsurprisingly carry the weight.  I guess covering as many bases as possible was important for Capcom though.  

3 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#06 NS Neon (up 1)
#10 NS Grey (same)
#27 XB1 Forza (up 1)
#34 PS4 Star Wars (down 5)
#38 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#59 XB1X (down 1)
#61 XB1 Minecraft (same)
#66 PS4 Pro (down 1)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5