Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

PlayStation 4 1TB Star Wars Battlefront II bundle sold out again

Around the Network
IanSolo said:
PlayStation 4 1TB Star Wars Battlefront II bundle sold out again

Wow. If only they could keep up with demand. 

There isn't a PS4 500GB for sale. Will we see a 500GB, maybe bundled with GT Sports, for $200? It looks like Sony is clearing current bundles to launch something.

9 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#06 NS Neon (same)
#10 NS Grey (same)
#24 XB1 Forza (up 3)
#35 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 3)
#38 PS4 Star Wars (down 4)
#61 XB1X (down 2)
#67 PS4 Pro (down 1)
#78 XB1 Minecraft (down 17)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

So, looks like Abdiel not only said that Switch is the winner on best buy, but he also said it won by a solid margin.

Amazon, Benji, and Abdiel all agree Switch won the month by good margin........

2020 predictions: NSW 25m, PS5 6m, XSX 4.5m, PS4 9m, XB1 3m

In December 2019 i predicted 21m Switch, but that was before COVID, obvius increased my predictions.

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
animegaming said:
Monster Hunter and Dragonball for Xbox aint even in the top 100.

Get the feeling this is gonna be the last year for any major Japanese game on Xbox One.

Dragon ball sells pretty good on Xbox but monster hunter is unknown. I don’t see it selling very many units on X1. It’s always been a PS/ Nintendo franchise. 

Edit: Amazon is not a good indicator of software sales at all! Don’t read too much into software ranking on amazon. 

These aren't the droids you are looking for.

edit

Last edited by Pionner - on 03 January 2018

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Results will be interesting, there will be some meltdowns for some people here. :D

Of Course you want, can you again tell us your prediction?

All points that Switch is selling much better compared to November when it sold around 800k, so I think Switch sold better than 1.1m, my guess is around 1.5m.

last month i got # 1 on resetera, this month, seems too hard to predict.

NSW] 1350K
[PS4] 1250K
[XB1] 1100K

Yeah you've said you were no 1 a couple of times.. but if you have to keep changing your numbers based on what information comes in, you were just lucky last month like the rest of us. Pick your numbers and stick to them, thats what it should be, not change them when more info comes in, wheres the fun in that. :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Ryng_Tolu said:

So, looks like Abdiel not only said that Switch is the winner on best buy, but he also said it won by a solid margin.

Amazon, Benji, and Abdiel all agree Switch won the month by good margin........

Assuming that Benji works for GameStop, him, Abdiel, and Amazon make up over half of the US video game market. That is a big enough sample size. More than big enough, actually.

Aura7541 said:

Assuming that Benji works for GameStop, him, Abdiel, and Amazon make up over half of the US video game market. That is a big enough sample size. More than big enough, actually.

Yeah i think thats enough anecdotal evidence to suggest Switch won, Sony probably 2nd and MS third. But will be interesting if thats not how it ends up.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!