By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well how you wrote it look like he didnt wrote that PS4/XB1 will be above Switch. Also, it seems that Switch was selling better than PS4/XB1 before BF and then because and that because huge BF deals PS4/XB1 were selling better than Switch, but problem was it was hard to say at that time how much better they were selling than Switch for end month result. But December is much easier to track because we didn't had something like BF period for sales.

he says he has actual numbers, so would the numbers be harder to track?

If you have huge rush during some specific time (like huge deals for just certain amount of time), than it's definitely harder to track sales. I mean even here hardly that anybody at beginning of the month said that PS4 will sell double than Switch, but BF sales gave huge boost to PS4/XB1 sales.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

he says he has actual numbers, so would the numbers be harder to track?

If you have huge rush during some specific time (like huge deals for just certain amount of time), than it's definitely harder to track sales. I mean even here hardly that anybody at beginning of the month said that PS4 will sell double than Switch, but BF sales gave huge boost to PS4/XB1 sales.

well of course in the beginning of the month nobody is gonna say that ps4, xb1 weren't on sale. it was gonna be close with out the black friday sales, but i dont  see why his data wouldn't show  huge lead in favor of ps4. were not talking about 300-400k here, were talking about nearly a million units. 

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

well of course in the beginning of the month nobody is gonna say that ps4, xb1 weren't on sale. it was gonna be close with out the black friday sales, but i dont  see why his data wouldn't show  huge lead in favor of ps4. were not talking about 300-400k here, were talking about nearly a million units. 

Simple because he didn't had hole data especially for BF sales (like I wrote huge rush during some specific time) that actually made huge difference for PS4/XB1 compared to Switch. Also there is no need for exaggeration, around 700k is not nearly a million units, thats actualy closer to 500k than to million units.

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

Simple because he didn't had hole data especially for BF sales (like I wrote huge rush during some specific time) that actually made huge difference for PS4/XB1 compared to Switch. Also there is no need for exaggeration, around 700k is not nearly a million units, thats actualy closer to 500k than to million units.

no it actually at least 820k. john harker which has npd numbers said it did  over 2.5x October he uses near precise numbers.  295k x 2.5=737k.

Last edited by quickrick - on 03 January 2018

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

no it actually at least 820k. john harker which has npd numbers said it did  over 2.5x October he uses near precise numbers.  295k x 2.5=737k.

I just looked numbes and they are:

[NSW] 850k
[PS4] 1650k
[XB1] 1350k

So 800k is still not nearly a million units, 950k would be nearly million units.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

I just looked numbes and they are:

[NSW] 850k
[PS4] 1650k
[XB1] 1350k

So 800k is still not nearly a million units, 950k would be nearly million units.

thats  the closest prediction and not official. according to john harker it did over 2.5x october like i said he uses exact numbers or very close so i expect switch real numbers to be 760k. those numbers are just my prediction i could be over 100k on switch and still won.  

14 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#07 NS Neon (down 1)
#11 NS Grey (down 1)
#23 XB1 Forza (up 1)
#32 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 3)
#40 PS4 Star Wars (down 2)
#59 XB1X (up 2)
#61 PS4 Pro (up 6)
#66 XB1 Minecraft (up 12)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Pionner said:
RolStoppable said:

???

Is Switch selling at Best Buy something so special?

I don't like when insiders comment on anothers info. Saying things like

"i bet Abdiel shows PS4 winning"

"BB skews towards PS4"

"Not saying Abdiel isn't reliable but BB has enthusiast customers who buys PS4"  

That last one is really.........What? 

Insiders should never ever make assumptions about someone elses info. I already knew after he posted that Abdiel was going to quote him and say his data matches and Switch did well. 

Dang, this is a very poor practice - baiting favorable replies to cover all his bases (if he's wrong, then it's perceived to matter less since he's baited the other insider into saying the same thing)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
Pionner said:

I don't like when insiders comment on anothers info. Saying things like

"i bet Abdiel shows PS4 winning"

"BB skews towards PS4"

"Not saying Abdiel isn't reliable but BB has enthusiast customers who buys PS4"  

That last one is really.........What? 

Insiders should never ever make assumptions about someone elses info. I already knew after he posted that Abdiel was going to quote him and say his data matches and Switch did well. 

Dang, this is a very poor practice - baiting favorable replies to cover all his bases (if he's wrong, then it's perceived to matter less since he's baited the other insider into saying the same thing)

I'm still confused how he has data, but wasn't sure PS4 would beat switch in november, or how switch has a realistic chance and wouldn't surprise him if switch won. this was the biggest gap this gen between consoles, just doesn't make sense, to me if switch loses december, i will put him on ignore.

So, final rankings for 2017 yearly were Smart Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 and Legend of Zelda: Breathe of the Wild as the only "games" in the top 10. Decent year for Nintendo.

“Some parents let their young kids win at games, but mine never did. I don't think it was because they were particularly competitive, they just wanted to teach me a valuable lesson. Life is mostly just learning how to lose.”