By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox's lack of compelling games won't be fixed in 2018 [Endgadget]

JRPGfan said:
Tmfwang said:
Expecting another cancelation this January, my money is on Crackdown 3.

it wont be cancelled but it looks really mediocre... Id be surprised if it scores higher than a 70 on metacritic.

Its def. not a game thats looking to wow people in anyway shape or form.

If not Crackdown 3, then my money is on State of Decay 2. The latest trailer had some very worrysome character animations.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

I think fable is coming back. The exact same game as legends + a single player campaign like a classic fable. Then they will beg platinum to come back and finish scalebound, platinum will say sure, but no multiplayer, MS will grunge and whine and say fine.

Out of desperation MS will see the errors of their way and invest in IP's and Give devs freedom. and stop forcing games as service. There's no time now, thats why they will try to salvage scalebound and fable, since they where almost done. And who knows, maybe even 343i will be left off the leash for a little and make something not halo related.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I agree with almost everything, I can do without the sour fanboy tone though.

2017 was laughable for Xbox exclusives, 2018 already looks more appealing to me. I'm interested to see what E3 brings.

Tmfwang said:
JRPGfan said:

it wont be cancelled but it looks really mediocre... Id be surprised if it scores higher than a 70 on metacritic.

Its def. not a game thats looking to wow people in anyway shape or form.

If not Crackdown 3, then my money is on State of Decay 2. The latest trailer had some very worrysome character animations.

Its the same thing again... that too looks mediocre, and if put next to Days Gone it really shows.

Sea of thieves is something xbox guys should be able to look forwards too though.

“Incredibly promising Scalebound”

Around the Network
iceland said:
I agree with almost everything, I can do without the sour fanboy tone though.

2017 was laughable for Xbox exclusives, 2018 already looks more appealing to me. I'm interested to see what E3 brings.

Crackdown and State of decay, are looking pretty "meh" atm.

Sea of theives + The Last Night, could both be pretty good though.

But thats just 2 games.

Look at what PS4 has so far for 2018 (that you cannot play on a xbox one):

Shadow of the Colossus remake
The Last of Us Part II
Days Gone
God of War
Marvel's Spider-Man
Detroit: Become Human
Death Stranding
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings
Concrete Genie
Dragon Quest XI
Dreams
Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time
Fist Of The North Star
Patapon 2 Remastered
Project Phoenix
Rainbow Skies
Reverie
Shenmue III
Steins;Gate Elite
The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2
MLB The Show 18
Secret of Mana Remake
The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

^ im probably missing/forgetting some..... Xbox does have a "lack" of compelling games, when compaired to the PS4 atm.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 31 December 2017

Cuphead was fantastic. Thats about it.

I might pick up Crackdown 3 if it captures the special charm of the original. I have no interest in Sea of Thieves.

2018 will be much better than 2017. Personally I'm a big fan of Crackdown, so Crackdown 3 is one of my most anticipated games. Sea of Thieves looks like so much fun and nearly every preview of the game has been positive. State of Decay 2 will be a fan favorite, not for me, but still a good game. The last one sold really well. I'm sure Ori 2 will be an amazing game and a must buy for me. Ashen looks very promising. Forza Horizon 4 is inevitable going to release next year and will be great.
Halo 6 and Gears 5 both have a chance to release next year. If we get one of those games it will be a good year. I'm sure there will be a surprise IP announced at E3.

Overall, very good year and one of the better software years for the Xbox One.

vivster said:
It will also not be fixed in 2019. You cannot fault them for consistency.

I love the cynicism.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

2017 was probably the worst year ever for an Xbox system, so it can only get better from here. Crackdown looks like a lot of fun, State of Decay has big potential, and I’m sure Microsoft will secure some exclusive or semi-exclusive indie games. I’m excited for the future of Gears, as well.

Trying to be optimistic!