By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners, how many 3rd party games do you have? (no Indies)

How many 3rd party games do you have?

Zero 29 33.72%

One or Two 26 30.23%

Three or Four 8 9.30%

Five or Six 6 6.98%

Seven or more 17 19.77%

Total:86

The relationship between Nintendo and 3rd parties haven't been the best for some years now. But with the success of the Nintendo Switch it seems that there is some more support for Nintendo's most recent console. Some want the 3rd parties and other just don't care because they buy a Nintendo console for Nintendo games.

That's why I want to know how the current situation is and see if Nintendo Switch owners support third party games like Dragonball, FIFA, DOOM or Skyrim. The discussion is about the big 3rd party developers like EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda because their support has been absent for a few years. So don't count small Indie titles.

EDIT: Answer to a lot of people: I am excluding the Indie games because we already had some of them on the Wii U and the relationship between Nintendo and these independent developers seems to be alright for a few years now. The big 3rd party games where missing on the Wii U and since we now have some releases on the Switch like Wolfenstein II this seems to change. Now I wanted to know how this "change" reflects in the games people are actually buying.

Last edited by Ninricken - on 02 January 2018

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network

I have 8 games that are not Nintendo games including Doom and Skyrim.

Xenoverse 2 and Rayman Legends if you do not count Mario Rabbids.

I had Ultra Street Fighter 2 for a while

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Why dont indies count?

Just Doom

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Re revelations collection Mario rabbits game

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

I don't have a Switch but bought Mario + Rabbids, does that count?

I have Puyo Puyo Tetris, Disgaea 5, Rayman Legends, Lego Worlds, Snipperclips, Doom, Skyrim, Sonic Forces (received as a joke birthday gift), Ultra Street Fighter II, Fate/Extella, Resident Evil Revelations Collection, and Super Bomberman R

So 12 so far

Unless we're counting games like Mario + Rabbids, Pokken, and FE Warriors. I own those three as well

I got:

Mario And Rabbids

Disgaea 5

L.A. Noire

Resident Evil Revelations Collection

Binding Of Isaac

Since you are excluding the multitude of indie games I've purchased digitally, here are my full retail 3rd Party games so far:
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
Disgaea 5 Complete
RBI Baseball 2017 
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon
NBA 2K18
Skyrim
L.A. Noire
Resident Evil Revelations Collection

I have some digital games that should count by your measure as well (either way, I'm in the 7 or more bracket):
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers