By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think the Sega Genesis HD flash back is better than SNES classic.

I never played a ton of Sega when i was growing up. My one cousin is the only person that i knew, that had a Sega. Everybody else that i knew, had a Nintendo. Nintendo will always be on a much higher nostalgia level for me, than Sega is.

Around the Network

I'm sorry,but i completely disagree.The sound is completely fucked,and there's a large number of shovelware on it.It has more games,but that means nothing if a lot of it is irrelevant.

Also the hardware itself is laughable compared  with the snes mini.But lucky me,tec toy still makes official mega drivers here on brazil,so i can just call them and order the og hardware.

Last edited by Finale - on 28 December 2017

A more interesting console war than PS4 vs Xbone

I LOVE ICELAND!

The SNES Mini has Mega Man X, which is the best game ever made, so it wins by default. It could have only this single game and it would still win. But it also has some other of the best games ever.

It's just the old thing about quality over quantity. I would choose 10 really good games over 85 mediocre ones any day of the week.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

SuperRetroTurbo said:

Glad you like it but I still don't get why anyone would purchase those types of systems with so many emulators for free...and roms. Even on consoles marketplaces. There's just too many options.

Not to mention the ability to play these games with an XBOX ONE controller....I did like the Sega 6 button when I had one...but...you know...

I'd take the sega genesis 6 face buttons and dpad over most consoles.  I got an xbox one controller before, for my PC games.  I wanted the buttons to be uniform, and match the controller itself....  However, I ended up replacing it for another PS4 controller, because it was impossible to play fighting games properly.

I'm still waiting for the console that gives us 6 face buttons and 4 shoulder buttons

But, I can't do emulation.  Not unless it's 100% perfect, and the only time I've ever known it to be was through the sega genesis collection on steam.  But, I noticed random frame drops, and it bugged me so much, I still ended up going back to my real sega consoles.

Same case for sega saturn.  I've seen youtube videos of people playing mega man 8, and the emulation has issues.  Not even worth talking about dreamcast.  I wish it had more games.

Perhaps some day, there will be a "new" genesis that I can stand behind.  Until then, I have my original console, and over 80 games on the thing.

Around the Network

I still have the original consoles around, and to play emulation I would do for free... still bought the Sega collection on PS3 and would buy for PS4 for the easyness of use and my liking for those games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Snoopy said:
BasilZero said:

I gotta go with this.

Especially since you can get the entire collection for way less.

True, but I like the idea of buying some of these genesis cartridges over time. I'm interested in toe jam and earl. I heard it was a great game.

Toe Jam and Earl was a fantastic game and is still enjoyable nowadays.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

OdinHades said:
The SNES Mini has Mega Man X, which is the best game ever made, so it wins by default. It could have only this single game and it would still win. But it also has some other of the best games ever.

It's just the old thing about quality over quantity. I would choose 10 really good games over 85 mediocre ones any day of the week.

85 isn't mediocre... and sorry, not much worth in buying a new console to play a single game for 7 years.

OdinHades said:

Although tha list of games is pretty impressive quality wise, my gripe is the lack of games. Only Megaman X, and not X2 and X3, or Megaman 7. Donkey Kong Country, and not 2 or 3.

By the way, I just noticed that the NA version of SNES Mini has PAL/SFC X and Y buttons coloured as the NA buttons. That's at least what it looks like in the pictures. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Don't tell anybody, but I use hakchi. I have all the games on my SNES Mini anyway.

But still, I, personally, would be totally happy with just Mega Man X. And not enough for 7 years? I am playing that sucker since 23 years and it still isn't boring!

Yes, I do like Mega Man X a lot. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.